6R Series Utility Tractors
For premium performance and comfort 6R Tractors are for you. Enjoy the most power and comfort in a utility tractor. Perfect for long days in the hay field or moving materials, choose one of the four frames of 6R Tractors.
Ride in comfort with reimagined cab and premium options
There’s no denying you spend plenty of time in the cab. Make it quality time with the redesigned 6M Tractor cab. Guided by best-practice ergonomic principles and four different cab packages to customize the way you work, you’ll enjoy a more productive, comfortable, and efficient experience. All 6M Tractors will come standard with a digital cornerpost display, eliminating the previous instrument cluster behind the steering wheel. This easy-to-read digital display gives you access to all critical machine data and settings in one place. Additionally, premium options have been made available to let you customize your 6M to fit any operation including:
- Mechanical or electrical reconfigurable joystick with PowrReverser™ functionality
- Quickly and easily change directions with the push of a button while doing loader work
- Compact CommandARM™ console
- Swivel in your seat and have all the controls at your fingertips
- Triple-Link Suspension (TLSTM)
- Increase both transport and field productivity with superior stability, ride, and comfort with a suspended front axle
- Mechanical cab suspension
- Panoramic roof
Reduce fuel consumption with proven, easy-to-use IVT™ transmission
Operators looking for a more comfortable, fuel efficient, and proven transmission can upgrade to an Infinitely Variable Transmission (AutoPowrTM/IVT) system for any 6110M through 6140M tractor. The IVT system utilizes a combination of mechanical and hydrostatic power, providing stepless and continuous power across an infinitely variable range of speeds.
The single-speed lever is used for intuitive and accurate control of ground speeds as slow as 0.05 km/h (0.03 mph) to 40 km/h (25 mph). The wheel is quick and easy to adjust with the operator’s thumb to set the maximum commanded forward or reverse speed in each speed band. Operators can also enjoy reduced fuel costs and a quieter, more comfortable ride with transport speeds being reached at lower engine rpms. Additional benefits include:
- Easy to operate
- Less shifting time for better management of implements
- Precise management of speeds
- Under acceleration, engine rpm is kept to a minimum within the engines peak torque band to reduce noise and fuel consumption
Focus more on the job and less on steering with AutoTrac™ guidance on the cornerpost display
If you are looking for a low-cost integrated guidance system, 6M Tractors come equipped with AutoTrac guidance using the digital cornerpost display. For this straight track only feature, you no longer need an additional display or activation. To utilize AutoTrac on the cornerpost display, simply order your 6M Tractor as AutoTrac Ready (code 1758) and install a StarFire™ 6000 Receiver (code 1881). While AutoTrac makes straight passes, you can focus more on job quality and leave the field less fatigued after a long day of mowing, spraying, or other field work.
Benefits of AutoTrac on the cornerpost display include:
- Easy to access, setup, and initiate
- Eliminate implement overlap and optimize machine efficiency
- Reduce operator fatigue
- Less cost than adding an additional display and activation
If you need more capabilities, like different track types or documentation, John Deere also offers a 4240 and 4640 Universal Display. These displays enable AutoTrac guidance that provides enhanced usability, increased performance, and greater operator choice. Additional benefits include:
- On-screen mapping
- Section Control
Boost power and productivity in operations using Intelligent Power Management
The 6110M through 6140M Tractors come equipped with Intelligent Power Management (IPM). IPM provides a 14.9-kW (20-hp) boost for operations that use rear power take-off (PTO) in high-power applications or in transport. Benefits of IPM include improved productivity, increased acceleration, and the ability to maintain desired transport speeds. The requirements for IPM to be active include:
- Transport applications: The minimum ground speed where additional power begins to be applied for all models is 15 km/h (9.3 mph), assuming the engine is already fully loaded. Ramp-up to full additional power occurs as speed continues to increase.
- PTO activation: Power must be sensed going through the PTO drive clutch by the electronic system. When using PTO-driven implements, engine power is increased gradually when ground speed exceeds 1 km/h (0.6 mph) if the electronic system detects a correspondingly high PTO power requirement. Full power becomes available from a speed of 2.5 km/h (1.5 mph).