When time’s short and you have plenty of ground to cover, John Deere delivers with a complete line of everything you need – and the sizes you want – to seed for success. Air drills. Commodity air carts. No-till air drills. High-precision openers. Fertilizer attachments. Central commodity systems. Box drills. Plus precision ag technology to stretch your productivity to higher levels.
Seed boxes have a large capacity for longer intervals between stops for refilling.
Plain grain or combination grain/fertilizer seed boxes are available to match the producer's needs.
The versatile grain/fertilizer box has a three-position divider that can be set for 100 percent grain, 60 percent grain, or 40 percent grain.
- The bulkheads in the seedbox reduce material shifting in the box for increased seeding efficiency.
- A sight glass, located near the end of the box, allows the operator to view seed level at a glance.
- Steel footboards with 25.4-mm (1-in.) diameter perforations allow convenient, safe access to the seed/fertilizer boxes.
- In-line box design allows quick and easy filling.
A grass seeder attachment is available (see attachments in the Ag Sales Manual). The grass seeder attaches to the front of the seedbox and is commonly used for grasses and alfalfa.
Tank shield plates are available from Parts (see attachment for field conversion),
- Protects box-end panels from damage
- Ideal for operating in very irregular terrain, where box panels could contact each other
Front-folding frame allows for narrow transport
A fully hydraulic front fold/unfold system makes folding on the 455 Drills, for transport a true one-person operation.
- Requires less than 5 minutes to fold or unfold
- Transport width is narrow as 4.6 m (15 ft, 2 in.)
High opener transport clearance allows moving over ditches, railroad crossings, and other trouble spots without worry.
Opener to road clearance:
- 533.4-mm (21-in.) on 9.15-m (30-ft) and 10.7-m (35-ft) models
- 457.2-mm (18-in.) on 7.6-m (25-ft) model
Units are raised and lowered for transport with standard equipment-lift cylinders:
- Two 76.2-mm x 203.2-mm (3-in. x 8-in.) cylinders on 7.6-m (25-ft) drill
- Two 88.9-mm x 254-mm (3.5-in. x 10-in.) cylinders on 9.15-m (30-ft) and 10.7-m (35-ft) drills
There are four frame-mounted tires: 11L-15, 10 PR rib implement on all three drill sizes.
Warning lights are in base equipment for improved visibility when transporting.