Z300 Series ZTrak™ Mowers
With comfortable seats, easy access storage, and large rear drive tires, the Z300 Series makes yard work a breeze. And thanks to the Accel Deep™ Mower Deck, optional MulchControl™ kits, and up to 11 km/h travel speed, it gets the job done fast so you can get the most out of your lawn. The best part? You get all of these features for under $4,6251.
Superior performance and long life with a smooth and powerful V-twin engine
A V-twin engine with 44.2-cu in. (724-cc) displacement provides plenty of power and torque to handle tough mulching, mowing, and bagging conditions:
- V-twin cylinder design for greater torque, lower vibration, and improved sound quality
- Engine model M44 ELS
- Electronic ignition for fast starts
- Cast-iron sleeves for longer engine life
- Overhead valves for excellent power and fuel economy
- Spin-on oil filter with pressure lubrication for keeping the oil cleaner for long engine life and extended time between oil changes; pressure lubrication is also more effective when operating the tractor on an incline
- Easy access to the no-tools oil drain valve for oil changes
- Rear engine guard for protecting the engine and providing additional strength and integrity
The Z375R engine has extended life series (ELS) features for enhanced performance and longer life.
Replaceable fuel filter and oil filter are easy to access and change to minimize service time and cost.
John Deere recommends the use of fuel stabilizer in gasoline. See Fuel-Protect for gasoline engines (8 oz [237 mL]) for more information
Extra reliability and longer life with a full-featured engine
The Z365R and Z375R have full-featured engines with extended life series (ELS) features that are engineered to deliver world-class endurance and power. A step above the competition, it is designed to be more dependable and longer lasting, saving time and money over the long run. They are built to exceed demanding needs by incorporating premium features and innovative designs:
- Overhead valve (OHV) design for cooler operation and longer valve life
- Contains an advanced debris management system that directs cooling air through the rotating screen to the air cleaner compartment, where large debris is pre-filtered through ejector slots
- Keeps unfiltered air out of the engine through a large, dual-sealed, premium oval-shaped cartridge-style filter
- Ensures maximum protection for extended engine life with the premium air cleaner, a pleated paper filter with a foam precleaner
- Captures fine particles for maximum protection and extended maintenance
- Provides maximum protection with full-pressure lubrication system
- Pumps oil by a mechanical gerotor-style pump to all critical engine components
- Enhances the system through a premium automotive-style spin-on oil filter, which removes over 95 percent of oil contaminates
- A premium bearing package for improved durability; includes a super-finished crank pin bearing with a 50 percent smoother surface to increase load capacity by 35 percent
- Uses a premium DU Teflon®-coated bearing
- Helps resist wear and increases durability through self-lubricating bronze bearing
- Wear-resistant chrome-plated valve stems for long-life valves
- 44 percent smoother for longer life
- Cast-iron cylinder sleeve for extended life
- Dependable float-feed type carburetor with integral fuel pump
- High-capacity fuel filter for dependable operation
- Maintenance-free electronic ignition for quick, dependable starts
- Platinum spark plugs for extended life
Teflon is a trademark of E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company or its affiliates.
Get a clean cut with the flat-top design of the 54-in. (138-cm) Accel Deep™ (54A) Mower Deck
The 54-in. (138-cm) Accel Deep Mower Deck is a stamped-steel, deep, flat-top design that delivers excellent cut quality, productivity, cleanliness, durability, and versatility. Optimal performance and dispersion of clippings is provided, even at faster mowing speeds or in tall grass:
- 4.83-in. (12.3-cm) deep throughout the entire deck shell for optimum mowing and mulching performance
- Optional MulchControl™ system provides superior mulching performance and versatility.
- Stamped-steel design eliminates sharp edges and corners where material can build up and diminish mowing performance
- Mower deck is suspended from the vehicle for a smooth and level cut
- Adjustable mower wheels, positioned just above ground level, help reduce scalping
- 0.25-in. (6.4-mm) cut-height increments allow the mower to be set at the desired cut height
EXCELLENT CUT QUALITY
Deep mower-deck stamping gives excellent cut quality. It allows the cut and suspended material room to exit the deck without getting recut:
- Reducing the amount of recutting enables more power to be used to cut incoming grass, which greatly improves mower capacity.
- Helps maintain excellent cut quality at faster mowing speeds
- Clean flow of material out of discharge area prevents cut material from interfering with cutting the incoming grass, making it possible for the blades to cut incoming material cleanly.
- Even in mulching mode, cut evenness is improved compared to other designs because the additional depth allows for continuous circulation, optimal recutting, and an even distribution of clippings.
PRODUCTIVITY - GETTING THE JOB DONE FAST
Deep mower-deck stamping gives high productivity, which gets the job done fast. It allows the cut and suspended material room to exit the deck quickly, reducing the amount of recutting so more power is available to process incoming grass:
- Greatly improves mowers capacity to maintain excellent mowing performance in difficult mowing conditions and at higher speeds
Large discharge opening is both high and wide to handle more material:
- Gives a smooth, even discharge of clippings at all mowing speeds
- Reduces the chance of plugging, especially important when operating in wet, thick, or dense grass
CLEANLINESS - FOR THE MOWER AND THE OPERATOR
The flat-top shape of the deck stamping is optimal for keeping itself and the operator clean:
- There are few places to catch and hold material on top and underneath the deck.
- Top of deck stays cleaner, reducing time and effort needed for cleaning and service
- Underside of deck is self-cleaning to maintain optimum performance without buildup of material to interfere with the flow of air and clippings
- Less need to clean and remove buildup of material from underside deck
- The depth of the Accel Deep Mower Deck minimizes the amount of material that escapes from the front of the deck
- Limited amount of material to drift onto the operator and mower deck
- Even for material discharged out the chute, less recutting results in larger pieces that are less likely to end up on the operator
- Mulching prevents the discharge of material completely and MulchControl makes mulching a practical solution for most mowing situations.
Cleaning a mower deck, both top and bottom, is one of the most frequent maintenance activities:
- The flat-top design reduces places for material to build up and makes material that does collect easy to remove.
A wash port is provided to make cleaning the underside of the mower deck easy.
- Hose connector is included with the mower deck.
SUPERIOR DURABILITY IS DESIGNED IN
The 54A Mower Deck has strong spindle pockets, to keep the blades aligned, even after years of tough service:
- Stamped from strong 10-gauge, 0.135-in. (3.4-mm) steel
- Ribs in the deck shell add strength where it is needed.
Mower wheels are double captured:
- Provides greater strength and durability for longer, trouble-free life.
- Single-bolt adjustment makes setting wheels to the correct height for the cutting height quick and easy.
Low-tension belt-drive design reduces the side load on engine lower bearings and mower deck bearings for longer life.
The 54A Mower Deck features a 5/8-in. (16-mm) diameter solid-steel rod side bumper that provides extra strength and protection.
Dual-stage E-coat and powder-paint coatings provide extra protection from rust.
VERSATILITY - EASY TO CHANGE BETWEEN SIDE DISCHARGE AND MULCH MODES
The 54A Mower Deck is designed for maximum versatility, providing the greatest ease in changing from one mower discharge mode to another:
- With MulchControl, changing from side discharge to mulching or vice versa is done with the simple flip of a lever.
The MulchControl system for the 54A Mower Deck is an optional field-installed attachment and makes mulching practical for many mowing situations because it not only does an excellent job of mulching, but it also allows the mower to be easily converted for times when it is more desirable to side discharge the lawn material. Advantages of mulching grass clippings include:
- A beautiful looking lawn
- Grass clippings not blown onto the operator, driveways, or flower beds
- Less fertilizer use
- Elimination of the effort needed to dispose of clippings
HOW MULCHCONTROL WORKS
MulchControl is an innovative, simple design that is easy to use and maintain:
- The MulchControl attachment includes baffles to control the flow of material under the deck.
- The MulchControl baffle, or divider, between the left and middle spindles is about halfway down. The height is designed to balance the mulching and side-discharge modes.
- When the MulchControl baffle is open, the divider between the left and middle spindles passes a portion of the material to the discharge opening, along with the material from the middle and right spindle areas.
- When the MulchControl baffle is closed, the material stays within the deck and gets chopped into mulch and deposited in the turf.
- The MulchControl handle is located on top of the mower deck and used to open and close the discharge baffle.
- The operator is required to get off the machine in order to engage or disengage mulch mode.
- Changing from mulching to side discharge or vice versa takes only a few seconds.
MulchControl is well-suited to the following mowing situations:
- Usually mulch, but side discharge when grass gets too long
- Usually side-discharge, but would like to be able to close the chute to control clippings
- Always mulch a main lawn, but often side discharge secondary lawns
MulchControl puts the operator in control of the clippings. The operator can have all the benefits of mulching with the ability to easily change to side discharge when needed.
While in the side-discharge mode, MulchControl still mulches about one third of the material. Therefore, the side-discharge mode is essentially a partial-mulch mode. This can be an advantage as it helps to reduce the amount of material being discharged. Other times this could work as a disadvantage:
- When cutting strong southern grasses, such as Zoysia and Bermuda
- When cutting in wet, high-growth conditions, such as those found in the Pacific Northwest United States
NOTE: A rear bagger is not available for the ZTrak Z355E, Z355R, Z365R, or Z375R.
Comfortable ride delivered by operator station with adjustable controls and seat position
The operator station is designed for operator comfort and convenience when operating all controls:
- Excellent visibility forward and to the trim side of the deck makes operation easy and comfortable for the operator.
- Controls are color coded for easy identification.
- Low-fuel warning light is easily visible in daylight.
- Twin-lever controls adjust, using cut-height pin/socket, for convenience and operator comfort.
- A shock absorber dampens motion control lever movement to give smooth operation.
Comfortable seats make the operator experience more pleasant. Armrests included on the Z345R, Z355R, and Z375R seat can be flipped up out of the way, if desired:
- Z345R, Z355R, and Z375R – 18-in. (46-cm) high seat back with adjustable armrests
Two steel coil suspension springs under the seat absorb shocks when traveling over rougher areas to provide a smoother ride.
The seat has a 2.5-in. (6.35-cm) fore-aft adjustment. The cut-height pin/socket can be used to loosen the bolts in order to make seat adjustments.
CUP HOLDER AND STORAGE COMPARTMENTS
The cup holder is designed to hold two common cup sizes securely.
Covered storage under the seat and open storage along the left side of the vehicle provide safe and secure places for the operator to keep safety equipment, a cell phone, etc.
OPERATOR FOOT PLATFORM
Large foot platform helps the operator remain comfortable and secure:
- Volcano grips give a secure grip.
- Raised footrests at the front of the platform provide a comfortable area for the operator's feet.
Specs & Compare
Accessories and Attachments
Grass Groomer - Lawn Striping Kit 48A/54A Decks - MY17 - 5603GXLP66654
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Durable, flexible bristles - intensify lawn striping and accommodate varying ground heights for a professional appearance
- Strong, lightweight design - steel mounting brackets are paired with the bristles to provide a long-lasting design that is also lightweight to minimize unnecessary ground compaction
- Simple installation - only basic hand tools needed to attach the mounting brackets that are specifically made for each deck; no drilling required
- Easy height adjustments - set the height in seconds with two screw knobs
Compatible with the following:
- Accel Deep™ 48A or 54A - 48-in. (122-cm) or 54-in. (137-cm) Side-Discharge Mower for ZTrak™ Z300 Series Zero-Turn Mowers
Home Maintenance Kit - 5603GXLG268
Home maintenance kits are a handy and convenient way for dealers to supply a customer with the maintenance-interval parts as specified in their operator's manual.
The LG276 home maintenance kit includes the following:
Battery charger and maintainer - 5603GXTY25866
This fully automatic 1.5-amp battery charger and maintainer safely charges lawn and garden, RV, deep-cycle, and most batteries that require long storage periods. It is particularly useful during winter months when the vehicle is not being used regularly, to ensure the battery stays charged:
- Automatically determines if the battery is 6- or 12-V and adjusts accordingly
- Helps maintain battery in good condition and ensures it is fully charged
- Powers on to charge battery and powers off when fully charged
- 'Onboard' feature allows mounting next to the battery on collector, street rods, and other occasional-use vehicles
- 1.5-amp trickle charges small batteries in 2 to 12 hours
- Maintains large battery charges
- Hookup protection guards battery and charger from damage
Includes a choice of battery connection methods:
- Standard color-coded clips to connect to any battery
- Cable with quick-disconnect plug and end loops that can be bolted to battery terminals and easily unplugged from charger when not in use
Battery charger and maintainer - 5603GXTY25866
Compatible with EZTrak™ Z200-series and ZTrak Z300-series mowers, the ZTrak Z3 boarding step allows for easier mounting and dismounting of a zero-turn mower. A complete bolt-on solution, this kit attaches to the left side of the mower frame for convenient access.