Full-Size Gator™ XUV
Our hardest working Gator™ UTVs, the beastly Full-Size Crossover Series is engineered for rugged trails and serious payloads. Whether you need to fit a 2, 3, or 4 person team, there's a model that can comfortably seat everyone. So stretch your legs until they hit the gas pedal, because that's when the real fun starts.
Roomy and quiet operator station
Whether it is a completely open operator station or a factory-installed cab, the interior has been redesigned with comfort and ergonomics in mind.
- Gear shift control, four-wheel drive (4WD), and differential lock switches on the dash
- Tilt steering
- Bench seat with driver adjustment
- Three-wide seating
Superior terrain capability
The Gator™ XUV Crossover Series Utility Vehicle has a precision-engineered drivetrain system that fully utilizes engine power, optimizing acceleration, hauling, towing, and hill-climbing capabilities. Power is transmitted from the engine through a continuously variable clutch system to the transaxle.
Key elements of the drive system include:
The variable-speed drive consists of two clutches and a drive belt:
- Drive clutch is attached to the engine.
- Driven clutch is attached to the transaxle.
- The engine braking system utilizes a tight belt for operation, requiring an idler sleeve on the primary clutch for neutral. The secondary clutch is a build- on-shaft design that utilizes a cam to tune the acceleration and deceleration of the vehicle. The clutch stays engaged, providing deceleration until approximately 5 km/h (3 mph).
- The continuously variable transmission (CVT) air intake draws in cool air to reduce heat and the amount of water ingestion into the CVT system. The system reduces belt slippage and improve durability.
- A two-range transmission provides:
- Ability to maneuver in tight spaces and increased pulling torque in low range
- Faster speeds and reduced transport time in high range
- Standard full-clutch enclosure with high-speed fan provides longer belt and clutch life
- High-ratio clutches with three cam weights for maximum belt-clamp load in high torque conditions
How the variable-speed drive works:
- As engine speed increases, the spring-loaded drive clutch is closed by weights being forced out by centrifugal force.
- As the drive clutch closes, the belt rides up to the largest diameter of the drive clutch and forces open the driven clutch.
- With the belt running in the smallest diameter of the driven clutch, the speed being transferred to the transaxle is increased.
- The driven clutch is designed to sense varying loads (inclines, mud, etc.) and constantly adjusts drive speed upward or downward so that engine rpm remains optimal.
TRANSAXLE, MECHANICAL FRONT-WHEEL DRIVE (MFWD), AND CONSTANT VELOCITY (CV) SHAFTS
Operator interface features:
- Selectable four-wheel drive (4WD) system with a limited slip front differential and dash-mounted electronic rocker switch
- Provides exceptional traction in challenging conditions
- Near instantaneous torque to the front wheels once rocker switch is engaged
- Maintains turf-friendly operation in two-wheel drive (2WD) mode
- Combined with rear traction assist (differential lock), provides excellent traction in challenging conditions
- More control descending hills with 4WD engaged as all four wheels help slow the vehicle down
- Clutch engagement still necessary to prevent free coasting
- Low, high, neutral, reverse, and park transaxle
- Automotive-style, integrated park position in transmission
- Low range for maximum torque delivered to the wheels for hauling, pushing, and pulling
- High range for maximum vehicle speed
- To shift out of park, service brake must be pressed to release the parking solenoid. An audible click will be heard and allows the vehicle to shift out of park into the desired gear.
NOTE: Differential design reduces scuffing of the turf during turns because it allows the inside wheels to turn slower than the outside wheels.
- Start in gear, neutral, or park position for quick starting. The service brake must be engaged to start when in gear or neutral.
- For operators living in regions with homologation requirements or certain bid language stating the need for a secondary park brake, such as governmental or municipalities, a secondary park brake is available as a factory-installed option. A secondary brake attachment is not available for field installation.
- Large, sealed bearings are located inside the housing for better protection and durability
- Contains gear case for transferring power to the MFWD
- Splined shaft interfaces for maximum torque transfer and durability
- All drive gears machined from highest grade gear steel
- Protected by a skid plate
- Electronically selectable by the operator
- Offers limited slip functionality for precision steering and great traction while pointing and shooting out of a corner.
- Vertically oriented oil drain for easy maintenance
- Protected by a steel skid plate and frame
Drive shaft features:
- Rear CV shaft diameter measures 27 mm (1.1 in.) and is designed for peak engine and braking torque
- Front CV shaft diameter measures 23 mm (0.91 in.) and is designed for peak engine torque
- Propshaft is designed for peak engine torque
- All CV shaft and propshaft joints are maintenance free and protected by exclusive thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) boots for durability
Powerful diesel engine delivers superb starting, idling, and throttle response
The machine is powered by an 854-cc (52.1-cu in.), 3-cylinder, liquid-cooled, four-cycle diesel engine. It produces 48 Nm (35.5-lb-ft) of torque at 2600 rpm.
The advanced engine delivers superb starting, idling, and throttle response during operation.
The engine offers the following performance and reliability features:
- Indirect-injection diesel with glow plugs ensures fast starts in cold temperatures
- 17.1 kW (22.9 hp*) at 3600 rpm
- Overhead valve design for greater efficiency and fuel economy
- Spin-on oil filter for easy servicing
- Quiet operation through the entire rpm range
- Molybdenum-coated pistons
- High-stiffness cylinder block and gearcase
- High-flow water pump and optimized water jackets maintain a steady operating temperature and eliminate hot spots
- Full-pressure lubrication system
- In-line mechanical fuel pump
- Five-point, rubber isolated for quiet operation and minimal vibration
- Dry replaceable dual-element air cleaner with remote intake and a restriction indicator
- See-through coolant recovery tank permits the operator to check the coolant level without removing the radiator cap
- Open front grille allows proper air flow and ventilation to the radiator.
*The engine horsepower information is provided by the engine manufacturer to be used for comparison purposes only. The actual operating horsepower will be less.
Dual A-arm front and rear suspension provides a smooth ride over challenging terrain and excellent hauling characteristics
To complement the robust frame, the XUV is equipped with four-wheel independent suspension.
A dual A-arm front and rear suspension provides a smooth ride over challenging terrain and excellent hauling characteristics.
The entire suspension system has been optimized to handle no cargo to maximum cargo without compromising ride quality or vehicle stability.
M-trim units with factory-installed cabs and R-trim units have heavy-duty front and rear shocks installed from the factory.
- A higher spring rate and higher preload force versus standard springs prevent the vehicle from sagging with a heavy payload.
- These heavy-duty shocks help with the heavier weight of the cab and when attachments are installed, like blades.
DUAL A-ARM INDEPENDENT FRONT SUSPENSION FEATURES INCLUDE:
- 201 mm (7.9 in.) of travel provides ample wheel travel to keep all four wheels on the ground for superior traction, excellent ride quality, and vehicle control
- Heavy-duty nodular cast-iron knuckles support the constant-velocity (CV) shaft and wheel
- Maintenance-free rubber torsional A-arm pivots for long life and quiet operation
- CV shaft protection from sticks that may puncture the rubber boot
- Coil-over shocks absorb the most demanding terrain
Dual A-arm independent rear suspension features include:
- Unequal length and dual A-arm construction for superior wheel control and travel
- 231 mm (9.1 in.) of total travel provides ample wheel travel to keep all four wheels on the ground for superior traction, excellent ride quality, and vehicle control
- Coil-over shocks absorb the most demanding terrain
- A-arms made from square/rectangular tubing reduce weight while remaining rigid
- Heavy-duty nodular cast-iron uprights support wheel loads with a double row of ball bearings
- CV driveshaft protection from sticks that may puncture the rubber boot
- Rear sway bar for lateral stability
Specs & Compare
Accessories and Attachments
AMS Integration - 576LMBUC10634
The AMS integration kit allows the operator to mount a StarFire Receiver and GreenStar display (both receiver and display sold separately) to the Gator™ Utility Vehicle.
Key features of the AMS integration kit:
- Compatible with StarFire iTC, StarFire 3000, and StarFire 6000 Receivers
- Compatible with GreenStar 2 1800, GreenStar 2 2600, GreenStar 3 2630, and John Deere 4640 Universal Display
- Ability to mount receiver to the poly roof or on the occupant protective structure (OPS) alone
NOTE: Additional components are required to support the John Deere 4640 Universal Display include:
- AL212683 (1)
- 21M7577 (2)
- Boundary mapping
- Flagging field obstacles
- Soil sampling
- Model year 2018 to current XUV835 and XUV865 Utility Vehicles
Electrical harness requirements:
Backup Alarm - 576LMBUC10804
Cargo Power Box Lift - 576LMBUC10772
The Gator™ utility vehicles can be equipped with an optional power lift for the cargo box. This is one of the most important accessories for increasing work efficiency. It is an excellent complement to these highly capable utility vehicles.
- Capable of lifting a maximum vehicle cargo box load of 454 kg (1000 lb)
- Lifts box to 49 degrees from horizontal for ease of service and cargo box load removal
- Quick horizontal-to-49-degree time
- Can be installed in minutes using the vehicle's prewired connectors and mounting points
- Compact design fits nicely around the transmission and linkages, providing full protection
- Fully sealed and weatherproof design does not require maintenance and is built for maximum durability
- Overload protection protects against misuse
Cargo Power Box Lift - 576LMBUC10772
The 5-gal. (18.9-L) pail holder is ideal for operators who want to maximize the work capability of their Gator™ Utility Vehicle. The 5-gal. (18.9-L) pail holder keeps pails in place within the cargo box, ensuring that they stay safe and secure. Featuring the quick-clamp mounting system, it mounts easily to the cargo rails of the cargo box with just one clamp.