Full-Size Gator™ XUV
Our hardest working Gator™ UTVs, the beastly Full-Size Crossover Series is engineered for rugged trails and serious payloads. Whether you need to fit a 2, 3, or 4 person team, there's a model that can comfortably seat everyone. So stretch your legs until they hit the gas pedal, because that's when the real fun starts.
Roomy and quiet operator station
Whether it is a completely open operator station or a factory-installed cab, the interior has been redesigned with comfort and ergonomics in mind.
- Gear shift control, four-wheel drive (4WD), and differential lock switches on the dash
- Tilt steering
- Bench seat with driver adjustment
- Three-wide seating
Superior terrain capability
The Gator™ XUV Crossover Series Utility Vehicle has a precision-engineered drivetrain system that fully utilizes engine power, optimizing acceleration, hauling, towing, and hill-climbing capabilities. Power is transmitted from the engine through a continuously variable clutch system to the transaxle.
Key elements of the drive system include:
The variable-speed drive consists of two clutches and a drive belt:
- Drive clutch is attached to the engine.
- Driven clutch is attached to the transaxle.
- The engine braking system utilizes a tight belt for operation, requiring an idler sleeve on the primary clutch for neutral. The secondary clutch is a build- on-shaft design that utilizes a cam to tune the acceleration and deceleration of the vehicle. The clutch stays engaged, providing deceleration until approximately 5 km/h (3 mph).
- The continuously variable transmission (CVT) air intake draws in cool air to reduce heat and the amount of water ingestion into the CVT system. The system reduces belt slippage and improve durability.
- A two-range transmission provides:
- Ability to maneuver in tight spaces and increased pulling torque in low range
- Faster speeds and reduced transport time in high range
- Standard full-clutch enclosure with high-speed fan provides longer belt and clutch life
- High-ratio clutches with three cam weights for maximum belt-clamp load in high torque conditions
How the variable-speed drive works:
- As engine speed increases, the spring-loaded drive clutch is closed by weights being forced out by centrifugal force.
- As the drive clutch closes, the belt rides up to the largest diameter of the drive clutch and forces open the driven clutch.
- With the belt running in the smallest diameter of the driven clutch, the speed being transferred to the transaxle is increased.
- The driven clutch is designed to sense varying loads (inclines, mud, etc.) and constantly adjusts drive speed upward or downward so that engine rpm remains optimal.
TRANSAXLE, MECHANICAL FRONT-WHEEL DRIVE (MFWD), AND CONSTANT VELOCITY (CV) SHAFTS
Operator interface features:
- Selectable four-wheel drive (4WD) system with a limited slip front differential and dash-mounted electronic rocker switch
- Provides exceptional traction in challenging conditions
- Near instantaneous torque to the front wheels once rocker switch is engaged
- Maintains turf-friendly operation in two-wheel drive (2WD) mode
- Combined with rear traction assist (differential lock), provides excellent traction in challenging conditions
- More control descending hills with 4WD engaged as all four wheels help slow the vehicle down
- Clutch engagement still necessary to prevent free coasting
- Low, high, neutral, reverse, and park transaxle
- Automotive-style, integrated park position in transmission
- Low range for maximum torque delivered to the wheels for hauling, pushing, and pulling
- High range for maximum vehicle speed
- To shift out of park, service brake must be pressed to release the parking solenoid. An audible click will be heard and allows the vehicle to shift out of park into the desired gear.
NOTE: Differential design reduces scuffing of the turf during turns because it allows the inside wheels to turn slower than the outside wheels.
- Start in gear, neutral, or park position for quick starting. The service brake must be engaged to start when in gear or neutral.
- For operators living in regions with homologation requirements or certain bid language stating the need for a secondary park brake, such as governmental or municipalities, a secondary park brake is available as a factory-installed option. A secondary brake attachment is not available for field installation.
- Large, sealed bearings are located inside the housing for better protection and durability
- Contains gear case for transferring power to the MFWD
- Splined shaft interfaces for maximum torque transfer and durability
- All drive gears machined from highest grade gear steel
- Protected by a skid plate
- Electronically selectable by the operator
- Offers limited slip functionality for precision steering and great traction while pointing and shooting out of a corner.
- Vertically oriented oil drain for easy maintenance
- Protected by a steel skid plate and frame
Drive shaft features:
- Rear CV shaft diameter measures 27 mm (1.1 in.) and is designed for peak engine and braking torque
- Front CV shaft diameter measures 23 mm (0.91 in.) and is designed for peak engine torque
- Propshaft is designed for peak engine torque
- All CV shaft and propshaft joints are maintenance free and protected by exclusive thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) boots for durability
Enhanced cab comfort
- Functioning door windows – roll up and down
- Fully opening front window with vent position
- Available interior roof headliner factory installed on M-trim cab units and M-trim heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) cab units
- Automotive-style sealing
- Styled roof with channels designed-in to move water to the outside edges
- Molded-in pockets for front and rear light mounting
- Keeps lights below the roof line for protection
- Easy-opening door handles and mechanisms
Powerful gas engine delivers superb starting, idling, and throttle response
The machine is powered by an 812-cm3 (49.6-cu in.), 3-cylinder, dual overhead cams, liquid-cooled, four-cycle gasoline engine. It produces 6.5 kgm (47 lb-ft) of torque at 3200 rpm. The advanced electronic controls and fuel-injection system deliver superb starting, idling, and throttle response during operation.
The engine offers the following performance and reliability features:
- 40.3 kW (54 hp*) at 6000 rpm
- Electronic fuel injection for superb performance, altitude adjustment, and cold-weather starting (tested to -28.9°C [-20°F])
- Electronic ignition is continuously variable for optimum engine power and provides fast, reliable starts
- Exclusive electronic ground-speed governor and throttle body
- Auto-compensates by providing more power when going up a hill or through difficult terrain
- Eliminates top-speed degradation from belt wear
- Overhead valve design provides greater efficiency and fuel economy
- Full-pressure lubrication system
- Spin-on oil filter with drain bracket and oil drain plug enable easy servicing
- Dry, replaceable, single-element air cleaner with easy access for service
- See-through coolant recovery tank permits the operator to check the coolant level without having to remove the radiator cap
- Open front grille allows air flow and proper ventilation to the radiator
- Standard high-capacity alternator - 85 amps for maximum accessory capability
*The engine horsepower information is provided by the engine manufacturer to be used for comparison purposes only. The actual operating horsepower will be less.