Mid-Size Gator™ XUV
Save more than just time when you cross over to the mighty Mid-Size Series. With a redesigned display inside a spacious interior, the Mid-Size Gator UV lets you spend more time focused on the next turn or the next job. So step up to a four-wheel drive that engages with a single switch and shifts seamlessly from drive to park and everywhere in between.
Precision-engineered drive system optimizes acceleration, hauling, towing, and hill-climbing capabilities
The Gator™ XUV Mid-Size Crossover Series Utility Vehicles have a precision-engineered drivetrain system that fully utilizes engine power, optimizing acceleration, hauling, towing, and hill-climbing capabilities. Power is transmitted from the engine through a continuously variable clutch system to the transaxle.
Key elements of the drive system include:
The variable-speed drive consists of two clutches and a drive belt:
- Drive clutch is attached to the engine.
- Driven clutch is attached to the transaxle.
- Ability to creep along slowly to maneuver in tight spaces
- Standard full-clutch enclosure with a high intake and exhaust ensures a dry belt when crossing water
- High-speed fan on drive clutch provides longer belt and clutch life by keeping components cool
- TEAM® industry clutches provide high performance and longevity
How the variable-speed drive works:
- As engine speed increases, the spring-loaded drive clutch is closed by weights being forced out by centrifugal force.
- As the drive clutch closes, the belt rides up to the largest diameter of the drive clutch and forces open the driven clutch.
- With the belt running in the smallest diameter of the driven clutch, the speed being transferred to the transaxle is increased.
- The driven clutch is designed to sense varying loads (inclines, mud, etc.) and constantly adjusts drive speed upward or downward so that engine rpm remains optimal.
FOUR-WHEEL DRIVE (4WD), TRANSAXLE, MECHANICAL FRONT-WHEEL DRIVE (MFWD), AND CONSTANT-VELOCITY (CV) SHAFTS
- Selectable 4WD system with a limited slip front differential and dash-mounted electronic rocker switch
- Provides exceptional traction in challenging conditions
- Maintains turf-friendly operation in two-wheel drive (2WD) mode
- Combined with rear traction assist (differential lock), provides excellent traction in challenging conditions
- More control descending hills with 4WD engaged, as all four wheels help slow the vehicle down
- Clutch engagement still necessary to prevent free coasting
- Low, high, neutral, reverse, and park transaxle
- Automotive-style, integrated park position in transmission
- To shift out of park, service brake must be pressed to release the parking solenoid. An audible click will be heard and allows the vehicle to shift out of park into the desired gear.
- Low range for maximum torque delivered to the wheels for hauling, pushing, and pulling
- High range for maximum vehicle speed
- Cast-aluminum design for lower weight
- Helical forward and reverse gears are used for quiet operation
- Rear traction assist (differential lock) is controlled with an electronic rocker switch
- NOTE: Locked differential design may increase scuffing of the turf during turns because the rear wheels are turning at the same speed through a turn.
- Contains gear-case for transferring power to the MFWD
- Splined shaft interfaces for maximum torque transfer and durability
- All drive gears machined from highest grade gear steel
- Vertically oriented oil drain for easy maintenance
- Protected by a skid plate
- Electronically selectable by the operator
- Offers limited slip functionality for precision steering and great traction while pointing and shooting out of a corner.
- Near instantaneous torque to the front wheels after engaging switch
- Vertically oriented oil drain for easy maintenance
- Protected by a steel skid plate and frame
- Front and rear CV shaft diameter measures 23 mm (0.9 in.) and designed for high engine torque
- Propshaft (transaxle to MFWD shaft) diameter measures 23.8 mm (0.94 in.) and designed for high engine torque
- All CV shaft joints are maintenance free and protected by exclusive inboard and outboard thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) boots for durability. TPE material is more puncture resistant than neoprene, which is used by many competitors.
TEAM is a trademark of TEAM Industries.
Delivers quick acceleration and provides a top speed of more than 77 km/h (48 mph)
The Gator™ XUV590E and XUV590M Crossover Series Utility Vehicle is powered by a 586-cc (35.8-cu in.), inline twin-cylinder, electronic fuel-injected (EFI) gasoline engine. The engine is electronically controlled through an engine control unit (ECU) to ensure optimal engine performance.
The engine offers the following performance and reliability features:
- 23.8 kW (32 hp*) at 5600 rpm
- 77 km/h (48 mph) top speed
- Electronic fuel injection (EFI) with engine control unit (ECU)
- Liquid cooled
- Designed for cold-weather starting (tested to -28.9°C [-20°F])
- Wet-sump lubrication system
- Spin-on oil filter and oil pan drain accessible through skid plate for easy servicing
- High air-flow air filter
- 875-W (65 maximum amp) charging system for accessory capability (see engine section for alternator output curve)
- Spark-arresting muffler is United States Forest Service (USFS) approved
- Low fuel consumption and large 28-L (7.4-U.S. gal.) fuel tank
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and California Air Resources Board (CARB) compliant
* The engine horsepower information is provided by the engine manufacturer to be used for comparison purposes only. The actual operating horsepower will be less.
Designed for all-day comfort with many vehicle conveniences
Display features include:
- Mechanical front-wheel drive (MFWD)/rear diff-lock
- Gear position
- Hour meter
- Service interval warning light
Operator-centric design provides class-leading ergonomics and comfortable seats
- Easy entry/exit and pass through for operator and passenger
- Optimal seating position provides more legroom
- Automotive-like ergonomics
- Excellent comfort while driving
Best-in-class sealed storage volume of 34 L (9 gal.) with a large in-dash glove box and under hood storage. An additional 34 L (9 gal.) of under-seat storage is available on the S4 models.
- Hinged hood rotates open without tools for access to storage
- Side-by-side seating provides ample room for one operator and one passenger
- Seats tilt forward for ease of service and to keep dry during outdoor storage
- Two cup holders are located within reach of the operator's station
- Standard 12-V direct current (VDC) outlet is conveniently located on the instrument panel
- Seven predrilled dash switch locations with snap out caps for various electrical accessories
- Occupant protective structure (OPS) with three-point seat belts and passenger side grab handle located on front post
- Start in gear, neutral, or park position for quick starting. The service brake must be engaged to start when in gear, neutral, or park.
Large, extra-durable, one-piece cargo box ensures hard-driving performance and longevity
The cargo box consists of a high-density polyethylene copolymer composite material that eliminates rust, dents, and reduces noise. This large, one-piece design has rounded inside corners to ensure material removal when tilted. The composite box is highly ribbed and supported with a welded, steel-ladder structure to ensure hard-driving performance and longevity. The three highly styled exterior pieces are made of TPO for extra durability.
CARGO BOX TAILGATE
The tailgate can be opened or removed for easier cleanout and to carry longer items. It features truck-like performance and can be operated with one hand.
The tailgate’s pivot point is made of hardened steel for durability and designed for tool-free removal. The standard lanyards can also be disconnected without tools to remove the tailgate for convenient loading and unloading tasks.
CARGO BOX TILT AND REMOVAL
The cargo box ease of use is critical to performing tasks quickly and efficiently. Starting with the truck-style tailgate, the removal of content in this cargo box could not be easier. The manual release also functions as the lift lever, done in a smooth, one-step motion. It can even be tilted from both sides of the vehicle. To reduce the overall effort of lift, the pivot point of the cargo box is closer to the center. The combination of easy-to-use attributes makes this cargo box best-in-class.
For servicing the vehicle’s systems, the cargo box is easily removable. With the removal of two bolts, the cargo box can easily be detached from the vehicle frame.
INTEGRATED TIE-DOWN POINTS
The cargo box offers integrated tie-down points for increased versatility. Tie-down points are located in the following areas:
- Flip-up D-shaped rings in all four corners inside the cargo box bed
- Multiple points along the edge of the cargo box side walls
- Tie-down bars on either side of the cargo box with optional cargo box rail kit. This kit also provides a mounting system using accessories that possess the 25.4-mm (1-in.) quick clamp.
Optional accessories for the cargo box include (see price pages or JDConfigurator for complete list):
- Cargo box rail system
- Cargo box mat
- Cargo box wall extensions
- Spare tire rack
- Bucket holder
CAUTION: Carrying extra-long cargo that extends beyond the box can adversely affect stability.
Specs & Compare
Accessories and Attachments
Ag Management Solutions (AMS) Integration Kit - 592AMBM25411
The AMS integration kit allows the operator to mount a StarFire receiver and GreenStar display (both receiver and display sold separately) to the Gator Utility Vehicle.
Key features of the AMS integration kit:
- Compatible with StarFire iTC™ and 3000 Receivers
- Compatible with GreenStar 2 1800, GreenStar 2 2600, and GS3 2630 Displays
- GS display mounts to the occupant protective structure (OPS) for convenient access
- Ability to mount receiver to the poly roof, or on the OPS alone
- Switched power to receiver and display allows the operator to run the AMS equipment even when the vehicle’s ignition is off. Receiver and display will not turn off when the vehicle’s ignition is turned on and off.
- Boundary mapping
- Flagging field obstacles
- Soil sampling
- Compatible with Gator XUV550, XUV550 S4, XUV560, XUV560 S4, XUV590, XUV590 S4, and RSX Gator Utility Vehicles. Compatible with full windshield, poly cab.
Backup Alarm - 592AMBUC10805
A must for any worksite, the backup alarm kit alerts pedestrians when the Gator™ utility vehicle is operating in reverse. This kit includes an alarm, mounting bracket, wire harness, and switch. It does not include grease.
Constant-Velocity (CV) Guards (Front and Rear) - 592AMBM23309
CV guards add additional protection for the A-arms, brake lines, and CV half shafts:
- Aluminum guards handle impacts while maintaining a low, unsprung mass
- Includes front and rear guards
- Easily bolts to the A-arms with three bolts per corner (12 bolts total)
- Drainage holes provided to prevent buildup of dirt, grass, and other loose materials
Constant-Velocity (CV) Guards (Front and Rear) - 592AMBM23309
The front brushguard for the Gator XUV 550, XUV550 S4, XUV560, XUV560 S4, XUV590, and XUV590 S4 not only looks great, but it is also tough enough to take on the toughest terrain:
- The aggressive appearance is no accident – the brushguard is made of large-diameter, 1.75-in. (44.45-mm) tubing and thick steel plates to protect the critical elements of the front of the vehicle, including the grille, lights, and hood.
- Possesses welded brackets for quick installation of the Hella light kits
- Rotates forward without tools for easy access to service points and additional storage under the hood
- Design permits easy access under hood without modification
- Design provides good approach angle for leveraging over obstacles in front of vehicle
- Removable plate permits installation of optional winch and front receiver
Hella is a trademark of Hella KG Heuck & Co.