Windrowers and Draper Platforms
Faster dry-down times and transport speeds. Easy in-cab machine adjustments. Our windrowers are made for managing your crop efficiently. Plus, get 30% more capacity with the new 45-ft 1445D, which features belts that are 8 inches deeper than previous models.
Comfort and productivity with M- and R-spec cab features
The W200M and W235M Self-Propelled Windrowers come with a cab that offers a comfortable and quiet working environment with plenty of visibility, storage, and features.
- JDLink™ system enabled
- AutoTrac™ assisted steering system ready
- Rear window tint
- Automatic temperature control
- Two halogen rear worklights
- Great visibility
- Operator’s seat with mechanical suspension
- Folding instructor seat
- AM/FM radio with Bluetooth® wireless functionality
- Tilt steering column
- Cornerpost display
- Two 12-V power outlets
- Sun visor
- Halogen lights
- Ergonomic multi-function lever
- 4200 CommandCenter™ Display
Bluetooth is a trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
The R-spec cab comes in three different trim levels:
- Premium with air suspension seat
- Premium with active seat
Precise control of the machine with the CommandARM™ console
The CommandARM console provides the operator with unmatched control of the windrower and platform. Controls are designed and positioned to enhance ergonomics and are easy to locate and use. Operators will appreciate the look and feel of the control console in the windrowers, which are similar to the design used in John Deere tractors and combines.
Adjustment of the CommandARM console meets the needs of every operator. It adjusts at an angle, fore/aft, and up and down for precise operator comfort.
The CommandARM console provides access to the most frequently used windrower controls:
- Field/road speed range
- Float adjust
- Platform speed adjustments
- Throttle – low idle, variable idle, and high idle
- Platform engage/disengage
- Windrower merger speed, raise, and lower (if equipped)
- Road hazard engage/disengage
- Gen 4 CommandCenter™ display navigation
- Display menu shortcut buttons
- Climate control switches
- Worklight switches
- Beacon light switches
The controls vital to the operation of the W200 Series Windrowers are conveniently located on the multi-function lever. The ergonomic multi-function lever gives the operator fingertip control of the following functions:
- Platform float suspension adjustment
- Windrower merger position (if equipped)
- Platform presets (to raise, lower, and engage AutoTrac)
- Increase/decrease cutterbar or draper speed
- Platform raise/lower
- Platform tilt
The multi-function lever is also associated with the following functions:
- Forward/reverse ground speed
- Automatically disengages the park brake when moved from the park position with the engine running
- The park brake is automatically engaged when placed in park.
- With platform enabled and on rotary traction units only, automatically raises the platform when moved from forward to reverse position
- This function prevents wrapping cut crop into condition rolls.
Quickly see important information on the cornerpost display
The cornerpost display features electronic instrumentation and blends well with the narrow, right-hand cab post, providing excellent visibility to the header. The cornerpost display is divided into an upper and lower region. The upper region provides traction unit information and the lower region provides platform-specific information.
Control engine oil and temperatures with efficient cooling packages
The W200 Series Self-Propelled Windrowers feature several improvements over previous designs to keep the engine operating at optimal levels and improve engine life. Design features include:
- Increased screen area of 19 percent provides more air flow through the cooling package than previous models.
- Smooth, rounded path inside the wand and ducts keeps debris from slowing and plugging.
- Air lab engineered and field-tested ducting is sized for air velocity and continual removal of debris.
- Wand backer plate helps stop debris from being sucked against the screen from the cooling fan for better cleaning performance.
- Cool air intake draws air from above the chassis, minimizing debris intake to cooling package.
- A stamped metal rear screen provides easier cleaning.
- The air conditioner condenser and oil cooler assembly swing out for easy serviceability and cleaning.
The W200 Series Windrowers are tested in tough conditions of over 37.8° C (100° F) to ensure that the drives stay properly cooled for maximum life and reliability. The 94.6-L (25-gal.) oil reservoir supplies oil to the pumps. Oil is cooled as it passes through the combination oil cooler and air conditioner condenser assembly at the rear of the machine.
Live monitoring of the hydraulic oil temperature at the left and right drive motors and reservoir limit switch protects against overheating during drive motor stall or high-grade terrain conditions
The eight-blade cooling fan incorporates a viscous drive system that provides precise control over fan speed during operation. Optimization of the viscous fan speed leads to significant reductions in parasitic losses in certain operating conditions.
The fan speed is controlled by various factors such as engine coolant temperature, intake manifold air temperature, or hydraulic oil temperature. This level of control allows the fan to operate only at the required speed to keep the engine and cooling package at optimal operating temperature and reduces engine noise levels.