100 Series Lawn Tractors
The 100 Series is designed to make yard work simple. With affordable prices, comfortable designs, and a bumper-to-bumper warranty1, it lets you focus on the real reason you have a lawn in the first place – to make memories.
Engine is powerful and smooth-running V-twin design
A 22-hp (16.4-kW) V-twin engine provides plenty of power and torque to handle tough mowing, mulching, and bagging:
- V-twin cylinder design for greater torque, lower vibration, and improved sound quality
- Electronic ignition for fast starts
- Spring-return feature to ensure the operator will not mistakenly leave the throttle lever in the choke position
- Cast-iron cylinder liners for longer engine life
- Overhead valves for excellent power and fuel economy
- Full-pressure lubrication and oil filter for cleaner oil, prolonging engine life and extending the time between oil changes
- More effective when operating the tractor on an incline
- No-tools oil drain system for servicing convenience
- The capacity is 2.4 U.S. gal. (9.1 L).
- The fuel filler opening is conveniently located under the seat.
- Filling the tank without spilling is easy.
- A tethered fuel tank cap is more convenient.
- The sealed fuel cap helps keep vapors inside the tank.
Frame made of full-length welded steel for reliability
The solid one-piece frame is constructed of 12-gauge, 0.105-in. (2.66-mm) steel:
- Full-length, robotically welded frame design has high-strength steel rails for added strength and long life.
- One-piece, steel fender deck is bolted to the frame.
CAST-IRON FRONT AXLE WILL NOT BEND
The front axle is constructed of solid cast iron that will not bend:
- Automotive-like steering system with sector and pinion steering gears and single drag link with a tie rod provides a very strong, low-effort, and tight-turning system.
- Three grease fittings, on both steering spindles and center pivot, allow for regular lubrication to help maintain easy steering and minimize wear.
- Large, 0.75-in. (1.9-cm) diameter wheel spindles provide excellent durability.
FRONT BUMPER PROTECTS THE TRACTOR
The front bumper is included on the S130, S140, S160, S170, and S180. It is available as an optional attachment for the S100, S110, and S120.
- Additional front-end protection
- Attractive, bold style
CARGO MOUNT™ SYSTEM MAKES INSTALLATION OF REAR BAGGER AND OTHER ATTACHMENTS EASY
The CargO Mount system is a combination of front- and rear-mounting points providing convenient and easy installation of the sun canopy, rear bagger, and other attachments.
Snow removal is a strength of lawn tractors
An advantage of lawn tractors is their ability to use equipment for snow removal. Lawn tractor owners can add a John Deere snow blower or front blade to make quick work of moving snow whenever the need arises. Weather enclosure and tire-chain attachments add comfort and performance.
Equipment available for snow removal includes:
- 44-in. (112-cm) Snow Blower
- 46-in. (117-cm) Front Blade
- Tire chains or TerraGrip traction belts
- Weather enclosure
Hydrostatic transmission gives an infinite choice of ground speeds
A Kanzaki® Tuff Torq® hydrostatic transmission gives an infinite choice of speeds and makes changing the direction of travel easy. Side-by-side foot pedals control the speed and direction of travel:
- Automotive-type accelerator controls ensure easy operation.
- Operator can change direction without lifting foot off the platform.
- Large pedal surface gives superior operator comfort.
Appropriate transmissions are used in each model, depending on rear tire size and tractor performance requirements, to ensure excellent performance and reliability:
- Tuff Torq TLT200 – S100, S110, S120, S130, S140, and S160
- Tuff Torq K46 - S170 and S180