100 Series Lawn Tractor
The 100 Series is designed to make yard work simple. With affordable prices, comfortable designs, and a bumper-to-bumper warranty1, it lets you focus on the real reason you have a lawn in the first place – to make memories.
Powerful V-twin engine features full-pressure lubrication for dependability and long life
A 22-hp (16.4-kW) V-twin engine has plenty of power and torque to handle tough mowing, mulching, and bagging:
- V-twin cylinder design for greater torque, lower vibration, and improved sound quality
- Electronic ignition for fast starts
- Spring-return feature to ensure the operator does not mistakenly leave the throttle lever in the choke position
- Cast-iron cylinder liners for longer engine life
- Overhead valves for excellent power and fuel economy
- Full-pressure lubrication and oil filter for cleaner oil, prolonging engine life and extending the time between oil changes
- More effective when operating the tractor on an incline
- The capacity is 2.4 U.S. gal. (9.1 L).
- The fuel filler opening is conveniently located under the seat.
- Filling the tank without spilling is easy.
- A tethered fuel tank cap is more convenient.
- The sealed fuel cap helps keep vapors inside the tank.
John Deere Easy Change™ 30-second oil change system
The John Deere Easy Change 30-second oil change system makes changing the engine oil easy, quick, and clean. Changing the oil is as easy as twisting on a new oil-filled filter. Oil does not need to be drained from the engine.
The John Deere Easy Change filter is an additional engine oil reservoir. Changing the filter removes the captured contaminants and replaces about 0.8 qt (0.76 L) of engine oil.
The functionality does not stop with ease of use. The Easy Change oil system has several meaningful benefits over the traditional oil filter system of the 100 Series:
- A synthetic filter material is used for more predictable filtering and longer life.
- Filtering capacity is greater than with a standard oil filter.
- More filter surface area
- More oil flow capacity
- The system has 40 percent more oil volume.
- The oil and engine run cooler.
- The oil filter valve closes whenever the engine stops, so filtered particles are captured and cannot drain back into the engine.
- The risk of spilling during oil service is greatly reduced.
- Waste oil (and new oil production) is reduced by over 1,000,000 lb (453,592.4 kg) per tractor production year.
- This system is not a compromise to just make oil changes easier—these engines pass the same John Deere expectations and rigorous testing as always.
Partly due to these improvements, it is not necessary to remove and dispose of all the oil in the engine during service.
Everyone who uses the John Deere Easy Change system saves time and avoids the mess of a traditional oil change. In the past, many 100 Series Lawn Tractor owners rarely or never got around to changing their engine oil. With the 30-second oil change, even people who previously would not consider changing the oil themselves can easily do it. The Easy Change system is a no-mess, no-fuss solution the competition cannot match.
Installation instructions are in the Operator’s Manual and in the John Deere Easy Change service part box.
Please recycle. Many local government recycling programs, authorized retailers, auto-service centers, and auto-parts stores will puncture and recycle used oil filters and oil.
Frame made of full-length welded steel for reliability
The solid one-piece frame is constructed of 12-gauge, 0.105-in. (2.66-mm) steel:
- Full-length, robotically welded frame design has high-strength steel rails for added strength and long life.
- One-piece, steel fender deck is bolted to the frame.
CAST-IRON FRONT AXLE WILL NOT BEND
The front axle is constructed of solid cast iron that will not bend:
- Automotive-like steering system with sector and pinion steering gears and single drag link with a tie rod provides a very strong, low-effort, and tight-turning system.
- Three grease fittings, on both steering spindles and center pivot, allow for regular lubrication to help maintain easy steering and minimize wear.
- Large, 0.75-in. (1.9-cm) diameter wheel spindles provide excellent durability.
FRONT BUMPER PROTECTS THE TRACTOR
The front bumper is included on the S130, S140, S160, S170, and S180. It is available as an optional attachment for the S100, S110, and S120.
- Additional front-end protection
- Attractive, bold style
CARGO MOUNT™ SYSTEM MAKES INSTALLATION OF REAR BAGGER AND OTHER ATTACHMENTS EASY
The CargO Mount system is a combination of front- and rear-mounting points providing convenient and easy installation of the sun canopy, rear bagger, and other attachments.
Snow removal is a strength of lawn tractors
An advantage of lawn tractors is their ability to use equipment for snow removal. Lawn tractor owners can add a John Deere snow blower or front blade to make quick work of moving snow whenever the need arises. Weather enclosure and tire-chain attachments add comfort and performance.
Equipment available for snow removal includes:
- 44-in. (112-cm) Snow Blower
- 46-in. (117-cm) Front Blade
- Tire chains or TerraGrip traction belts
- Weather enclosure