HX Series Heavy Duty Rotary Cutters
With one of the most expansive lines of rotary cutters in the industry—and featuring the Flex Cutter—John Deere can equip you with just the right model for your operation. Property owners, agricultural producers, commercial operators and municipal contractors across the country rely on John Deere rotary cutter solutions to overcome the most challenging ground conditions. And so should you.
HX10 Rotary Cutter
What is the best cutter for your job?
NOTE: Only for single spindle and multi-spindle.
John Deere rotary cutters lead the way with innovative design, superior performance, and proven durability. Valuable features such as the Double-Decker™ design and Max Flow cutting chamber prevent water and debris from accumulating on the smooth, dome-shaped top deck while the flat bottom deck absorbs the punishment from rocks and stumps.
The top deck stays smooth - no dents, no dings, no holes. The internal supports sandwiched between the top and bottom decks are key to the smooth and structure-free Max Flow cutting chamber, while at the same time provide added strength and durability.
To help promote safe operation, John Deere rotary cutters are equipped with front and rear safety-chain shields. John Deere rotary cutters continue to advance in value with powerful gearboxes, blade holders, and compatibility with a wide range of tractors.
Here are situations when a rotary cutter provides value:
- Clipping pastures encourages grass growth, optimizing valuable pasture acreage.
- Cutting grass and stalks helps control insects.
- Routine cutting keeps weeds from reseeding.
- It is the most cost efficient way to cut roadsides, parks, cemeteries, airport fields, hydro, gas, and telephone easements, and all other types of open properties.
- Cutting grass waterways encourages root development and helps prevent erosion.
- Knocking down stalks such as cotton, corn, or milo speeds up decomposition. This is essential in no-till and minimum-till fields.
- Clearing out brush.
- Control undergrowth and grass in orchards, vineyards, and groves.
Decide what model to use based on:
- The size of the area to mow versus the size of the machine – the bigger the area to mow, the bigger the mower needs to be in order to be efficient during mowing hours. Similarly, the limitation of a small area will guide operators to use a smaller mower.
- The amount of time and frequency it will be used – for longer hours and more frequency, choose a heavier duty machine.
- Tractor compatibility – if there is a tractor the operator will be using, look for the tractor compatibility sheet to identify appropriate options.
John Deere rotary cutters are available in two duty-level categories:
- MX models are available in 1.5-m (5-ft), 1.8-m (6-ft), 2.1-m (7-ft), 2.5-m (8-ft), and 3.2-m (10-ft).
- This duty-level category cuts brush up to 50.8 mm (2 in.) in diameter.
- HX models are available in 3.2-m (10-ft) and 4.2-m (14-ft).
- This duty-level category cuts brush up to 76.2 mm (3 in.) in diameter.
- HX6 is available in 1.8-m (6-ft) and the HX7 is available in 2.1-m (7-ft) cut widths; they cut brush up to 101.6 mm (4 in.) in diameter.
NOTE: HX models are heavier built to cut at a 101.6 mm (4 in.) capacity level more frequently and for longer durations.
Patented John Deere Double-Decker™ design for superior frame strength
The patented Double-Decker design improves strength and cutting performance while reducing top deck rust. Two welded decks include a 3-mm (11-gauge, 0.118-in.) to 3.5-mm (10-gauge, 0.138-in.) thick upper deck, depending on the model, and a 3-mm (11-gauge, 0.118-in.) to 4.5-mm (7-gauge, 0.177-in.) thick lower deck, depending on the model.
Internal stiffeners are sandwiched between the decks to add extra strength and rigidity.
The Double-Decker design also provides a sturdy base to support the gearcases. Gearcases need this sturdy base to resist the bending loads imposed upon them when blades contact immovable objects or the ground.
The bottom deck is the main defense against rocks and field debris, to help protect the top deck from impacts so it will retain its smooth form.
Gearcases and blade holders provide better performance
The John Deere gearboxes:
- Large seals
- Large housing
- Large output shaft
- Precision forged bevel gears
- Large bearings
- Stump jumper
Re-engineered gearcases and blade holders provide the following:
- More horsepower
- Faster blade-tip speed
- Better performance
- Quieter operation
- Increased durability
Larger, more durable gearboxes
Gearcases are John Deere engineered for reliability and dependability.
- Transfer (center gearcase) – 120 continuous hp or 180 peak hp
- Outer gearcases – 100 continuous hp or 140 peak hp
Heavy-duty, tapered roller bearings and precision gears help ensure long life.
Output shafts are splined, not just keyed, for extra strength and durability.
Gearcases mount on heavy-duty bowl supports, which are continuously welded to the top and bottom decks. These bowls provide a lifelong base of support for the gearcase/blade holder mechanism.
The HX10 model comes standard with five year warranty.
Specs & Compare
Accessories and Attachments
Get in touch with us.
Need to speak to one of our equipment experts?
We are ready to serve you!CONTACT US!