Work Series Gator™ Utility Vehicles
If you need a machine with a work ethic as strong as yours, step up to the Gator™ Work Series. Available in gas, diesel, and electric, with 2WD, 4WD, and a 6-wheel design. With exceptional cargo capacity, it's built to make more of your money, and your work day no matter where it takes you. Because if a job needs getting done, it needs a Gator Utility Task Vehicle.
Precision-engineered drive system optimizes acceleration, hauling, towing, and hill-climbing capabilities
The Gator™ HPX Utility Vehicle has a precision-engineered drivetrain system to better utilize engine power and to improve acceleration, hauling, towing, and hill-climbing capabilities. Power is transmitted from the engine through a continuously variable clutch system to the transaxle.
Key elements of the drive system include:
- Transaxle with high and low ranges, neutral, reverse, and park
- Variable-speed drive
The variable-speed drive consists of two clutches and a drive belt:
- Drive clutch is attached to and rotated by the engine.
- Driven clutch is attached to and drives the transaxle.
How variable-speed drive works:
- As the engine speed increases, the spring-loaded drive clutch is closed by weights being forced out by centrifugal force.
- As the drive clutch closes, the belt rides up to the largest diameter of the drive clutch and forces open the driven clutch.
- With the belt running in the smallest diameter of the driven clutch, the speed being transferred to the transaxle is increased.
- The driven clutch is designed to sense varying loads (inclines, mud, etc.) and constantly adjusts drive speed upward or downward so that engine rpm remains constant at constant throttle position.
- Start in gear, neutral, or park position for quick starting. The service brake must be engaged to start when in gear or neutral.
- To shift out of park, the service brake must be pressed to release the parking solenoid. An audible click will be heard and then the vehicle can shift out of park into the desired gear.
TRANSAXLE AND MECHANICAL FRONT-WHEEL DRIVE (MFWD)
- Two-speed, fully enclosed, oil bath transaxle allows superior pulling ability
- Low range is 0 km/h to 19 km/h (0 mph to 12 mph)
- High range is 0 km/h to 40 km/h (0 mph to 25 mph)
- MFWD and rear transaxle are protected by skid plates
- Helical forward and reverse gears are used for quiet operation
- Selectable four-wheel drive (4WD) system with a limited slip front differential and dash-mounted electronic rocker switch
- Provides exceptional traction in challenging conditions
- More control descending hills with 4WD engaged – all four wheels help slow the vehicle down, and clutch engagement is still necessary to prevent free-coasting
- Near instantaneous torque to the front wheels once electronic switch is engaged
- Maintains turf-friendly operation in two-wheel drive (2WD mode)
- Combined with rear traction assist - (differential lock) can provide excellent traction in challenging conditions
Features operator conveniences such as high-back bucket or bench seats, cup holders, glove box, and 12-V outlet
The Gator™ HPX is equipped with many standard features that provide for comfortable and convenient operation:
- Side-by-side, 457-mm (18-in.) high-back bucket or bench seating provides room for one operator and one passenger
- Hip restraints serve as convenient and comfortable handholds
- Driver's seat is mounted on a slide-rail system that allows for fore-aft positioning
- Occupant protective structure (OPS) with three-point seat belts and passenger side grab handles, located on the front post, front dash, and on the outside of the seats
- Both seats (buckets only) tilt forward for ease of service and to keep them dry during outdoor storage
- Operator platform provides easy entry/exit for the operator and passenger
- Cup holders are located within reach of the operator's station
- Hour meter comes standard to assist in maintaining regular service intervals
- Traction assist (differential lock) is operated by electronic switch and conveniently located on the dash
- Glove box is located in the dash to provide a convenient storage area for small items
- Standard 12-VDC outlet conveniently located on the instrument panel as well as in the center console between the seats (buckets only)
- Tank-mounted fuel gauge is easily viewed from the left side of operator's seat
- Large, 76-mm (3-in.) diameter fuel tank fill opening allows easy fuel fill and helps to eliminate spillage
- Storage compartment is located under the front hood for extra storage space
- On-dash manual choke provides easy accessibility and convenient choke moderation for smooth engine warm-up (gas models only)
Display features include:
- Fuel gauge
- Mechanical front wheel drive (MFWD)/rear diff-lock
- Gear position
Heavy-duty suspension delivers excellent heavy hauling capabilities
The Gator™ HPX is equipped with heavy-duty, coil-over shock, semi-independent rear suspension with 89 mm (3.5 in.) of suspension travel. This provides a comfortable ride with the cargo box unloaded while also minimizing suspension sag when the cargo box is loaded.
The Gator HPX is equipped with a MacPherson strut, independent front suspension, providing a comfortable ride and excellent work capability. The heavy-duty, ductile cast-iron, single A-arm provides 131 mm (5.15 in.) of suspension travel for excellent handling and ride quality.
Factory-installed occupant protective structure (OPS) or deluxe cab frame
The Gator™ HPX is configured from the factory with OPS and standard occupant side retention (OSR) nets or deluxe cab frame.
- The OPS performance is certified to Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) J219 standards.
- Glass doors can be dealer installed to complete the cab enclosure.
- Certified to American National Standards Institute (ANSI) B71.9 standards
Nets are standard equipment on the Gator HPX. Features of the nets include:
- One-handed operation
- Easy entry/exit
- Great visibility