8 Series Row Crop Tractors
From tilling, planting, applying, and hauling, we built the 8 Series with the flexibility, power and intelligence you need to get the job done – and get it done precisely right. Not only are they loaded with precision ag technology, but they’re designed with precision engineering for durability and reliability.
Maximize around-the-clock productivity with visibility packages
Visibility is one of the most important attributes of the cab, but it is more than just lighting. In addition to lighting, John Deere visibility packages include mirrors, sunshades, wipers, and camera readiness. Some benefits of the visibility packages include:
- Three package levels to fit your needs – Select, Premium, or Ultimate
- Operate confidently with greater visibility
- Ultimate Visibility package with more light-emitting diode (LED) output and full 360-degree illumination
- Integrated camera capability right from the factory
*Convenience lights illuminate the corners of the cab for easier entry and exit
**Starting with model year 2022, the Ultimate visibility package will be camera ready.
Increase ride comfort during all seasons with 8R suspension options
8R Tractors offer a variety of suspension options to fit your specific field conditions or application. There are three options to choose from on 8R Tractors. An air seat with fixed cab offers a great balance of field and road comfort in an economical package. Cab suspension with an air seat reduces high-frequency vibrations typically associated with road transport. The ActiveSeat™ II equipment is typically chosen for field applications to reduce vertical movement and operator fatigue.
- Air seat with fixed cab offers excellent ride quality in a variety of applications
- Two-post cab suspension with an air seat offers exceptional ride for operators spending time on the road
- ActiveSeat II greatly reduces vertical motion experienced in field applications
- Choice of options is available on all 8R Tractors
Independent-Link Suspension (ILS™) primarily helps deliver power to the ground by maintaining proper tire-to-ground contact through a fully independent system. In addition, ILS greatly improves ride over rough or uneven terrain and drastically decreases power hop.
Match demanding applications with hydraulic options
All 8 Series Tractors come standard with an 85-cc (5.2-cu in.) hydraulic pump. This pump provides up to 227.1 L/min (60 gpm) hydraulic flow. A dual pump option featuring 85-cc and 35-cc (5.2-cu in. and 2.1-cu in.) displacement hydraulic pumps is available for all 8R and 8RX Tractors. The dual-pump system provides a hydraulic flow of 318 L/min (84 gpm), ideal for running at lower engine speeds. At the rear, up to six selective control valves (SCVs) are available with 1.9-cm (3/4-in.) options.
- Single or dual pump options to fit specific producer applications
- Up to 318 L/min (84 gpm) through the dual pump system on 8R and 8RX Tractors
- Options from four to six factory-installed SCVs
- For maximum flow, 1.9-cm (3/4-in.) SCV couplers are available factory and field installed
A power beyond option is available on all models, and a high-capacity take-out oil reservoir (on 8R Tractors only) is also available for high-demand applications.
Increase productivity with John Deere integrated solutions
Your needs and success are the focus of John Deere. John Deere makes it easy for you to benefit from having a connected tractor in your operation. All tractors come standard with JDLink™ telematics system and customers can turn on connectivity in the John Deere Operations Center. With a StarFire™ 6000 Integrated Receiver* and Generation 4 CommandCenter™ Display, you can easily step right into advanced technology. If you’re an advanced tech user, you’ll enjoy the benefits of a highly intelligent machine connected to a full suite of solutions on the most open platform in the industry.
Advantages of a connected machine include:
- StarFire 6000 Integrated Receiver eliminates all setup, installation, and global positioning system (GPS) calibrations
- AutoTrac™ assisted steering guides the machine with accuracy in a variety of field conditions
- Automation is an option with some applications
- John Deere Connected Support™ is a proactive service approach to improve service efficiency and reduce machine downtime
- JDLink gives you access to information anytime, anywhere, to make data driven decisions with John Deere Operations Center and Documentation
The technology and connectivity in John Deere tractors allow you to optimize productivity, increase uptime, and boost profits with machine information from any device, anywhere.
Specs & Compare
Accessories and Attachments
3-Way Convenience Adapter for Power Strip - 8230RWRE67015
This adapter allows users to connect an amp-style, three-socket connector to the John Deere-style power strip connection type. Use this adapter to quickly and easily connect amp-style power accessories to older, vintage tractors that do not have an amp-style outlet already in the cab without cutting wire harnesses. This adapter can be kept connected into the John Deere-style power strip if users are regularly moving a unique display between vintage and newer tractors in the fleet.
9-Pin Connector Implement Feedback - 8230RWRE58827
The nine-pin electrical connector is required to allow TouchSet™ depth control to be used with implements with this feature. The harness provides a position input to the tractor selective control valve (SCV) unit, enabling the TouchSet system.
This feature allows the operator to adjust height and depth of remote lift cylinders by using the TouchSet controls in the cab.
AMP to Flying Leads, Power Connector - 8230RWRE37651
This adapter allows users to connect aftermarket displays to the universal amp power connector. The female three-socket connector has three flying leads that can be fused to the display harness. Once installed, the display harness will connect to the three-prong amp power adapter in the cab or to the RE67015 outlet adapter.