E Series QuikTrak™ Stand-On Mowers
Our QuikTrak mowers deliver the best of both worlds: industry exclusive stand-on technology, combined with John Deere quality, durability, and support. The result is a stand-on experience like no other.
Commercial-quality engine is reliable and provides excellent performance and life
A commercial-quality, 22-hp (16.4-kW) at 3600 rpm, air-cooled engine powers the QuikTrak™ Mower:
- Overhead valve design
- More horsepower and torque per cubic inch of displacement
- Better fuel efficiency
- Full-pressure lubrication with full-flow filter
- Reduces engine wear by ensuring proper lubrication, even when operating on hillsides or uneven terrain
- Filtered oil reduces risk of contamination for increased engine life
- V-twin design
- Fast starts
- Smooth operation
- Vertical shaft for efficient transfer of power to the transmission and mower
- Standard dual-element, canister-type, dry replaceable, heavy-duty air cleaner with secondary safety element
- Fuel pump for consistent and reliable fuel supply to the carburetor
- Air-cooled engine design for minimum maintenance and maximum reliability
- Standard cleanout ports for easy access to remove debris collecting in cooling fins
- Aluminum cylinder block
- Effectively dissipates heat
- Lightweight and strong construction
- Extends engine life due to elimination of debilitating engine temperatures
The engine is equipped with a replaceable oil filter for longer engine life.
Engine oil fill/check tube, oil filter, and oil drain are located close together for easy and convenient service.
LARGE FUEL TANK SAVES REFUELING TIME AND INCREASES PRODUCTIVITY
Quality fuel-system components enhance performance and convenience:
Large, 5.6-U.S. gal. (21.2-L) capacity
- Wide fuel tank filler opening
- Conveniently located
- Makes adding fuel easy and helps eliminate spillage
Sealed and tethered fuel cap
- Reduced fuel vapor loss
- Less chance of losing fuel cap
A fuel gauge is conveniently located to keep the operator informed about the amount of fuel remaining in the tank.
A fuel shut-off valve is provided. It should be turned off whenever the QuikTrak™ Mower is not in use.
A high-quality fuel filter is located where it easy to access and change.
52-in. (132-cm) fabricated, fixed mower deck is made from 7-gauge, 0.179-in. (4.6-mm) steel for reliability and performance
A well-designed mower deck can make the difference between just getting the job done and getting eye-catching results. The 7-gauge, 0.179-in. (4.6-mm) fabricated mower deck delivers a high-quality cut in more diverse conditions to enhance mowing performance.
Key features of the fabricated mower deck include:
- The mower deck is manufactured from 7-gauge, 0.179-in. (4.6-mm) steel.
- A compact footprint delivers greater maneuverability when working in tight quarters.
- A deep-deck design delivers excellent airflow so material is processed quickly and efficiently.
- A powerful vacuum effect is created by the deck's unique air-flow design, which pulls more grass upright so that the blades can cut more evenly.
- 48-in. to 61-in. (122-cm to 155-cm) decks come standard with an adjustable striping flap to enhance the after-cut appearance.
The wide-discharge opening and raised deflector provide even clipping dispersal for an excellent finished appearance in all conditions.
Caster wheels and anti-scalp rollers contribute to a smooth, even cutting job:
- Large, flat-free caster wheels carry the mower deck smoothly over the lawn.
- Caster wheels are recessed to reduce the vehicle footprint and turning radius.
- With the wheels less exposed, there is less chance they will get snagged by immovable obstacles, thus improving maneuverability and reducing damage.
- Anti-scalp rollers are double-captured for durability. They enable the deck to float over the ground and provide a smooth, level cut on even the most challenging terrain.
A combination of shims and spacers can be used to set cutting height and level precisely:
- Gap in spacers allows them to be moved by just lowering the caster wheel; no need to remove it.
- Larger changes to cutting height can be made by changing the location of the support arm where it bolts to the mower deck.
Mower deck shields are easy to remove, with one knob, for access to the drive belt and other service points.
OPTIONAL MULCHING ATTACHMENT
Optional mulching attachment and special mulching blades are available:
- This is a high-performance mulching attachment that includes formed steel baffles to control the material for superior performance.
- The special mulching blades can also be used for side discharging, though overall cutting performance may be slightly less than with the standard blades.
Large operator platform and quality leaning pad enhance operator comfort
The large operator platform is supported with three suspension springs to absorb shock. The springs are adjustable for operator weight and preference to give each operator a smooth and comfortable ride.
A high-quality leaning pad is provided for operator comfort and to insulate the operator from heat given off by the machine.
A storage pocket on the battery box provides a convenient place for the operator to store a cell phone, gloves, etc.
Controls are easy to locate and use for operator comfort and productivity
Controls are color coded and logically placed to make them easy for the operator to find and use:
Ground speed and direction are easily controlled by moving the two hand-lever hydrostatic drive controls forward or reverse.
- Speeds are infinitely variable up to 9.5 mph (15.3 km/h) forward and 5.5 mph (8.9 km/h) reverse.
- A positive neutral-lock position for the levers provides added safety.
Two stationary reference bars are provided for operator convenience and security.
- Front reference bar is included to control speed and reduce fatigue from control lever operation.
- Rear reference bar is included to make reverse operation easy while maintaining operator confidence.
Control levers return to neutral automatically for safety and convenience.
Separate choke is easy to locate and use.
- Less adjustment is needed with the separate choke.
A tire brake is provided to give stability for parking the vehicle on hillsides and for transport; it should be engaged whenever the machine is not being used:
- Brake must be engaged to start the machine, for added safety.
- The tire brake is easily adjusted, if necessary, to maintain effective operation.
MOWER DECK HEIGHT-OF-CUT ADJUSTMENT (648R, 652R, 661R)
On the 648R, 652R, 652R EFI, 661R, and 661R EFI QuikTrak Mowers, an easy-to-use cutting height adjustment system allows the operator to adjust the mower deck cutting height with no tools and minimal effort:
- Pull the lift lever back to the fully-raised position.
- Remove the tethered pin and place it at the desired cutting height.
- Lower the lift lever; the lift lever and mower will stop at the desired cutting height.