400 and 600 Series Sprayers
Your crop is your livelihood, so nurturing and protecting it is critical. As is managing chemical and operating costs. Fortunately, our 400 and 600 Series Sprayers come with the technology you need, and the performance you expect, to get precise, consistent applications in your fields with minimal waste. They also come with a new cab to make your longest days feel shorter, and the support of your local John Deere dealer to keep your operation up and running.
Spray and save with See & Spray™ Select
When margins are tight and application windows are narrow, every dollar and every droplet need to work as hard as they can. Cover fallow fields using advanced camera and nozzle-control technology to spray only emerged weeds – all while using an average of 77% less herbicide per acre*. Reducing the amount of non-residual herbicide by 77 percent (on average) on fallow ground-only application.
Working in conjunction with the ExactApply™ system, See & Spray Select uses a combination of cameras and processors to detect weeds before activating only the nozzles necessary to apply a burst of herbicide to that specific weed. You’ll see:
- Reduced solution use – by avoiding inefficient traditional broadcast applications and by spraying only when weeds are detected, you can reduce the applied volume of herbicide by 77 percent.
- Greater cost efficiency – what does a 77 percent spray volume reduction mean? Significantly lower herbicide costs, fewer tendering stops, and more acres covered in a day.
- Broadcast-level control – in testing, the See & Spray Select system consistently sprayed 98 percent of weeds present, giving you a level of control comparable to traditional broadcast application. See & Spray Select also offers a combined spray mode, allowing the operator to set a consistent broadcast rate from nozzle A, then set a See & Spray rate for nozzle B. The broadcast application controls smaller, newly emerged weeds, while the larger dose takes care of more mature weeds.
In addition, because See & Spray Select gives you high-level weed control at targeted spray cost, growers may find the savings sufficient to justify an application of a different chemistry, while improving their ability to manage herbicide resistant weeds. Research has shown that weeds sprayed with complex tank mixes with more than two modes of action are 83 times less likely to develop herbicide resistance.
Run the system up to 19.3 km/h (12 mph), and the system functions from approximately 30 minutes after sunrise until 30 minutes before sunset, depending on conditions like cloud coverage, time of year, etc.
*In tests over 75,000 acres of fallow ground, typical weed pressure of 3,000 weeds per acre, with spray length settings of small or medium, customers experienced an average herbicide savings of 77% when compared with a traditional broadcast sprayer.
Cover more acres more accurately and more consistently with ExactApply™ system
Fertilizers and crop protection products are too expensive to waste, and seed is too valuable to risk over- or under-treating. To help make sure your solution is getting to the crop at exactly the right rate and droplet size across a wider range of speeds, look to ExactApply nozzle control system.
The heart of the ExactApply system is a six-nozzle turret with multiple modes of operation to help maintain target rate and pressure. From the cab, operators can choose:
- 15-Hz pulse-width modulation (PWM) pulses one solenoid for more consistent pressure and droplet size over a wider range of ground speeds and application rates.
- 30-Hz PWM pulses both solenoids at 15 Hz for more thorough coverage during high-volume applications, like liquid fertilizer.
- AutoSelect A/B mode automatically switches between two nozzles to maintain a constant spray pressure while you’re spraying conventionally.
- Turn compensation mode decreases the spray rate on the inside of a turn while increasing the rate on the outside, ensuring consistent application across the entire width of the boom.
- Individual nozzle control minimizes overlap by controlling spray application at the individual nozzle level, not in 2.4- to 3.35-m (8- to 11-ft) section widths.
By maintaining a target rate and pressure over a wider range of speeds, ExactApply lets you cover up to 20 more acres per hour (based on a 3.2-km/h [2-mph] increase in operating speed) with more consistent spray deposition, saving you input costs and preserving more of your crop’s yield potential.
ExactApply is available as a factory-installed option, or as a retrofit to 400, 600, and 4 Series Sprayer models.
Save product with pressure recirculation and product reclaim
Quality of application is critical. Avoid settling in the plumbing by keeping solution in motion with pressure recirculation, coupled with product reclaim and boom air purge. These features save precious time, product, and expense when rinsing and priming the boom while switching solutions.
- Pressure recirculation primes the boom versus traditional boom prime where liquid tends to be sprayed out, saving 113.6 L (30 gal.) each time. If an operator does this process 10 times a day, coupled with approximately 85.2 L (22.5 gal.) of solution savings with product reclaim one to two times per day, these two features together could save up to $600* a day.
- *NOTE: Assumes 113.6 L (30 gal.) of residual product in the system at 93.5 L/ha (10 gal./acre) and $20 per acre 10 times per day. Please adjust the calculation to suite your operation.
- Reclaim expensive crop protection solutions between applications or required service in the field with product reclaim.
- Potentially reduce crop damage from residual chemical buildup.
- Experience uniform distribution of product across the boom.
- Reduce nozzle clogging with increased agitation of product in solution system.
Keep solution in suspension in the boom and system while the machine is on and not spraying with pressure recirculation. Recirculation during rinsing removes any chemical that settled out of the suspension while spraying, resulting in higher rinse water velocity in the spray pipe. Rinse water can be recirculated multiple times to further clean spray pipes and reduce cleanout times. Boom pressure recirculation mixes the solution and primes the boom before spraying to obtain a homogenous chemical mixture throughout the solution system and up to the nozzle tip. This recirculation improves spray quality and reduces time at the start of spraying.
Product reclaim transfers chemical out of the boom plumbing into solution tanks to improve boom rinse functions, also reducing exposure when servicing nozzle bodies. Additionally, save on chemical cost and enable easier rinse water collection between rinses when operators are not spraying out of the boom in the field.
Greater fuel efficiency and lower cab noise with CommandDrive™ powertrain
With the CommandDrive powertrain, save fuel, reduce cab noise, get improved traction in challenging conditions, and cover more acres per day. CommandDrive offers the operator an Auto Mode that automatically directs the engine to run at the lowest rpm necessary to maintain ground speed and hydraulic functions and to meet the demands of the solution system.
CommandDrive also allows operators to adjust the aggressiveness of acceleration and deceleration and features an Auto Idle system that reduces engine speed to 900 rpm when the machine is in park. It all adds up to:
- 20 percent or greater fuel savings
- More acres sprayed per day, thanks to fewer fuel stops and improved traction in rough conditions
- Reduced in-cab noise levels by 3to 5 decibels
- Fewer demands on the operator
CommandDrive is base equipment on all 408R, 410R, 412R, 612R, and 616R Sprayers, as well as 400R and 600R Dry Spinner Spreaders.