Zero Series Round Balers
John Deere Balers are made with one purpose: strengthening overall performance of customer production. Strength starts from within. When it works its way out, it’s your operation that ends up stronger.
Vertical forming chamber maintains uniform bale density
As the hay enters the forming chamber from the pickup, belts immediately turn the hay to form a tight, dense core.
Incoming hay then feeds between the bale and the lower gate roll. Hay is tightly compressed into smooth, dense layers as it enters the bale.
Chaffing is greatly reduced to prevent loss and retain hay quality in the bale.
The idler arm rises with bale growth, forcing oil from the hydraulic cylinder through a pressure-relief valve to maintain uniform bale density throughout the bale-forming process.
Exclusive DiamondTough™ belts with plate-type splices
John Deere's 178-mm (7-in.) wide diamond-tread design ensures fast bale starts and grips the bale to prevent slippage and reduce chaffing. The treads are self-cleaning to reduce carryover. The belts are staggered to reduce the loss of fine material and are closely spaced to contain the hay for fast, easy starts.
The belts enclose 91 percent of the bale width to reduce loss of fine material and retain hay quality.
The staggered belt roll design enables any loose hay under or behind the belts to be returned to the pickup and into the baler. This design helps to prevent buildup at the front of the baler, which could cause hay loss and belt or splice damage.
Every baler in the 0 Series Family uses DiamondTough belts. Belts are constructed using a patented triple-weave process of nylon and polyester materials.
They have the strength to handle heavy shock loads and help maintain consistent belt length.
The DiamondTough belts are more puncture and tear resistant than other belts on the market and provide improved belt life and reliability.
All of the 0 Series Balers use the plate-type fasteners.
This closed-loop design uses a plate fastener with pre-assembled rivets that lock the fasteners into the belt, providing a powerful vice-type grip on the belt.
- The plates and rivets are manufactured from high-tensile stainless steel.
- Strong belt splices mean less maintenance and more productivity.
- The loop area is cold forged, making it extremely wear resistant in the coupling area, resulting in a very long cycle life.
- The spring steel pin is notched and locks into the splice connection without having to bend the pin or use external retainers.
0 Series Round Balers - Model specification levels
ROUND BALER MODELS
ROUND BALER MODEL SPECIFICATION
*NOTE: The 550M Round Baler will only be available in dry hay and silage configurations.
0 Series Balers have implemented specification levels for all models in the baler lineup similar to what was done when the 459E was introduced. Pickup options will remain the same for the new models equivalent specification. The precutter pickups will have the same MegaWide™ Plus pickups that will be offered in mid specification (M) or the premium specifications (R) balers.
Automatic electric-tie option using BaleTrak™ Pro monitor allows for more productivity
The BaleTrak Pro monitor-controller is included with the automatic electric tie option and the Edge-to-Edge option on the 450E Baler. The monitor sounds an alarm for near-full, full, and oversized bales.
- Monitor beeps once to notify the operator to even-up the bale prior to reaching the desired size.
- Monitor beeps twice when the bale reaches the desired size.
- If the operator continues to feed hay into the baler, the monitor will sound continuously to warn of an oversized bale.
- Bale shape bars are not available on the 440E or 450E Round Balers. The 440E and 450E Round Balers allow for adjustment of twine settings from the cab by using the BaleTrak Pro Monitor.
- The number of wraps on the Edge-to-Edge net wrap option on the 450E can be set with the BaleTrak Pro.
The audible level of the monitor can be adjusted.