High Crop–High Clearance Specialty Tractors
Elevate your productivity. Designed to provide the clearance to minimize crop disturbance and maximize row spacing accuracy. The ultimate in high-crop comfort and performance.
Premium cab for the ultimate operating experience
The premium cab is designed to provide the ultimate operator experience in comfort and convenience. With the adoption of some 5R Tractor cab structures and features, John Deere has added more technology options, better visibility, and an updated, user-friendly digital display.
- Upward visibility has improved 80 percent with the panorama roof in the premium cab, allowing for easier bale stacking, pallet stacking, and dumping loads into walled trailers.
- The rear floor mat behind the seat provides additional storage space.
- The rearview mirror is positioned for excellent visibility to rear operations.
- To shield the operator from the sun, there is an easy to use front sunshade.
Some of the key features include:
- Deluxe sound package with two 4X6 coaxial speakers and subwoofer
- Factory-installed radio
- Bluetooth® wireless ready
- Satellite ready
- USB port
- Auxiliary cord connection
- Additional heating and cooling vents
- Rear windshield wiper and washer
Bluetooth is a trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
Power bulge and torque reserve pull through the tough spots
Putting more power to the ground translates to increased productivity in demanding conditions. Simply put, torque is the useable power that can be achieved. More torque leads to more lugging ability which helps the operator be more productive.
5M Final Tier 4 (FT4) engines feature up to a 4 percent power bulge when put under load. The power bulge feature of the electronically controlled engine delivers additional horsepower as engine rpm drops below rated speed. Additionally, a 30 percent torque rise provides the force that maintains horsepower as engine rpm drops below rated speed.
When the tractor is under load, power bulge and torque rise work together to get through the tough spots without having to downshift. Horsepower and torque are mathematically related.
As rpm drops, the only way to maintain or increase horsepower is to provide additional torque. The output horsepower is greater than or equal to rated horsepower as the engine is pulled down to 1750 rpm.
The peak torque rise also occurs near the rated economy power take-off (EPTO) speed.
Mid-frame design for support and strength
The exclusive mid-frame design on the 5M Series offers additional strength and durability but also reduces noise and vibration. Because the mid frames are made from hardened cast steel, they provide the tractor strength and stability even in the toughest conditions.
The mid frames also support and protect different pieces of essential equipment. The hydraulic pump, located between the mid-frames, is attached to the transmission for short hydraulic lines and simplified fluid flows. An optional mid-mount fuel tank allows the tractor to carry an extra 34 L (9 gal.) on cab tractors and an extra 29.5 L (7.8 gal.) on open operator station (OOS) tractors. This is especially useful for long days in the field or when a trip to fill up with diesel may not be convenient.
The mid frames are compatible with current loader mounting frames, which is beneficial for those interested in upgrading their tractors and keeping their H-Series Loaders.
Heavy-duty 3-point hitch lift capacity for implement versatility
A Category 2, 3-point hitch on 5M Tractors provides the lift capacity and compatibility to perform in a variety of different applications. The 3-point hitch adapts to a wide variety of implements and has plenty of lift capacity to handle heavy implements such as planters, sprayers, and field cultivators.
- With the choice of either mechanical or electrohydraulic hitch controls, hooking up implements is convenient with telescoping draft links, adjustable sway bars, and interchangeable hitch balls.
- Both mechanical and electrohydraulic hitch controls have a depth stop for consistency when lowering the hitch. Each time the position control lever is pushed forward, it stops where the depth stop has been positioned.
Optional larger cylinders are available for increased lift capacity:
- PowrReverser™ transmission models: 65-mm (2.56-in.) cylinders in base with electrohydraulic hitch lift capacity of 2340 kg (5159 lb); option of one 65-mm (2.56-in.) and one 75-mm (2.95-in.) lift cylinder (averaging to 70 mm [2.75 in.]) which provides electrohydraulic hitch lift capacity of 2701 kg (5955 lb)
- PowrQuad™ PLUS and Powr8™ transmission models: 75-mm (2.95-in.) cylinders in base with hitch lift capacity of 3164 kg (6975 lb); option of 80-mm (3.15-in.) cylinders with hitch lift capacity of 3569 kg (7868 lb)
Adjustable sway bars and telescoping draft links can be easily adjusted to adapt to a wide variety of implements. The right lift link also adjusts without tools for added convenience when leveling implements.
Operators do not need to carry a tool to adjust the rear hitch. Operators can also raise and lower the 3-point hitch from outside of the tractor with the conveniently located rear fender hitch controls.
An updated three-point quick hitch is offered on the 5M Tractors.
- This updated design is a break from the existing welded quick hitch as the frame is cast.
- The curved design eliminates the potential for contact with the rear fender and extensions.
- The quick hitch is available as a field kit option.