Choose from several easy to use touch-screen displays. More than just A-B lines, you’ll improve application rates, fuel economy and input placement. With some models, you can also get remote support and wirelessly send files.
Get started easier with John Deere precision ag and the 4640 Universal Display
The 4640 Universal Display ships from the factory with these three features included in the display purchase so that you can easily take the first steps on your precision ag journey:
- AutoTrac™ guidance
- Data Sync
Combine the display with a StarFire™ Receiver, and you are ready to get started with automated guidance by creating maps showing work completed and, if you have JDLink™, wirelessly sending your data to the John Deere Operations Center. When you are ready to do even more, add the 4640 Premium Subscription or the 4640 Automation Subscription for more advanced precision ag applications.
Take advantage of the 4640 Universal Display, designed for efficiency
The 4640 Universal Display allows you to bring your operation to the next level of efficiency through the following features:
- Enhanced data merging functionalities to increase on-board/off-board flexibility
- Improved data capturing capabilities to more precisely map and operate section control
- Precise application of multiple products simultaneously with individual coverage maps and application points
- Setup and startup operations easily with improved display navigation
- Improved Gen 4 applications such as AutoTrac™ assisted steering system, Section Control, and Documentation that increase producer profitability all with a moveable display experience
Take advantage of the following features offered by the 4640 Universal Display:
- Gather important information such as global positioning system (GPS), signal strength, and notifications.
MACHINE SETTINGS TAB
- View and edit maintenance and calibrations
The System tab allows the user to view and edit:
- Date and time
- Diagnostics center
- Display and sound
- File Manager
- Language and units
- Software Manager
- Users and access
Stay up to date on the latest Gen 4 features and enhancements with the Gen 4 Operator’s Manual at the user’s fingertips. With each bundle update, the Gen 4 display automatically receives the latest Gen 4 Operator’s Manual which means less time locating a paper copy and ensuring the most up-to-date information is always available.
LANGUAGE AND UNITS
Easily switch between languages with the option to set the active and alternate language. Configure the shortcut bar to include the language toggle allows different individuals to easily switch the display between languages.
USERS AND ACCESS
Users and access allow the owner or manager to lock out certain functions to prevent operators from accessing or changing settings. Lock-out functions are managed with a defined pin for the administrator.
The Gen 4 Universal Display can be set to one of two profiles, administrator or operator. The administrator profile is always set to the full access group. This group allows unlimited access to all the features and can lock and unlock features in the operator profile.
The Applications tab allows the user to view and edit:
- AutoTrac guidance system
- Equipment manager
- Fields and boundaries
- Help tool
- ISOBUS tasks
- ISOBUS VT
- Layout Manager
- Original GreenStar™ Monitor
- Remote access
- Section Control
- Settings Manager
- StarFire™ receiver
- Work Monitor
- Work setup
- Work totals
- Easily create page views that meet user needs and that are also equipped with default run pages.
The Work Monitor application displays performance information about the task being performed by the machine.
You are shown averages, totals, and productivity of the machine, such as area worked, average working speed, and fuel usage.
Work setup places the settings needed to properly setup features such as AutoTrac, Documentation, and Section Control in a single location. Settings include:
- Client, farm, and field
- Crop type
- Machine and implement dimensions
- Variety/hybrid and planting/seeding rates
- Variable rate prescriptions
- Product and application rates
- Application rates through the implement screens
The video application on 4600 CommandCenter™ and 4640 Universal Display has been redesigned to improve user interface and prepare for future enhancements. Features include the ability to name and configure cameras for viewing and scanning.
- Machines equipped with a 4640 Universal Display has four video inputs.
- You can set a variety of triggers. With each trigger, the video image will then appear on the display.
- Mark areas in the field that need special attention such as rocks, tile lines, or weed pressure.
- Flags previously recorded on the Gen 4 or GreenStar™ 3 2630 Display can be transferred between monitors.
John Deere 4640 Universal Display may be configured to run with GreenStar 3 and Gen 4 CommandCenter displays on machines approved in the machine compatibility section.
An additional extended monitor is also compatible with the 4640 Universal Display.
Add Gen 4 Extended Monitor to a 4640 Universal Display
The Gen 4 Extended Monitor provides a secondary monitor solution for those producers who want two monitors to manage their machine and precision ag applications on their 4640 Universal Display. Adding the second monitor allows producers in display-intensive operations the ability to view and adjust more of their operations at once.
Leveraging the 4640 Universal Display with Extended Monitor provides the following benefits:
- One easy-to-use system. Make adjustments on the go with either monitor in one operating system while having direct access to more run pages and information at all times.
- The 4640 Universal Display is built on a foundation of making it easy to use for operators. Two monitors from the same system eliminates the potential for mismatched information and the need for separate software updates for different displays.
- Maximize uptime and minimize setup time with quick and easy plug-and-play over the traditional dual-display set-up steps.
- Customize the in-field office to increase viewable access to the 4640 Universal Display run pages as well as the flexible mounting location capability of the additional monitor.
- Avoid costly mistakes during product application through direct access to information and adjustments.
Remotely view machine information with Remote Display Access (RDA)
The ability to remotely view the machine’s settings, performance, yield, acres, and other information is highly valuable when managing or supervising an operation. It is imperative that your equipment keeps running productively and that you are enabled to provide remote support to improve the quality and efficiency of work while saving time and money. RDA enables you to get help with machine settings or identify a problem and receive assistance in navigating through the steps needed to resolve the issue.
Value of RDA:
- Improved confidence in precision farming applications for all operators
- Increased productivity with quicker problem resolution
- Improved service from John Deere dealer and support personnel
- Increased profitability by keeping equipment moving
- Reduced labor and travel costs
- With the 19-1 software update, the Gen 4 displays no longer require the operator to accept for remote view