2 Series Compact Utility Tractors
Built to satisfy everyday homeowners and equine owners as well as commercial operators or vegetable producers. Each model comes with Four-Wheel Drive (4WD) standard and a hydrostatic transmission featuring TwinTouch™ forward and reverse pedals for ease of use.
Durable, efficient, high-torque 3-cylinder diesel engine provides adequate power
Power is provided by a durable and efficient high-torque three-cylinder Yanmar® TNV Series diesel engine.
This series of engines was developed to meet Tier 4 Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) environmental requirements by featuring low levels of both exhaust and emissions.
YANMAR TNV SERIES ENGINE OFFERS THESE FEATURES:
- Economical for good cooling and long life
- Isolated engine provides reduced vibration and noise for the operator; indirect fuel injection uses a precombustion chamber to give the engine a smooth and quiet operation; aluminum-alloy piston with built-in steel struts are lightweight to reduce connection rod bearing loads and provide good heat transfer characteristics
- Design permits tighter tolerances and neutralizes expansion of the piston, thereby reducing blow-by gas and less noise from the piston slap
- Higher top rings on the piston and a thinner head gasket greatly reduces the volume of unburned waste gases and increases combustion efficiency
- Timing-gear teeth have a designed roll-off profile giving almost no clash, no noise, and no backlash
- High-torque reserve provides plenty of power under heavy load, yet retains excellent fuel economy
- Easy access to engine check and fill points on the right-hand side of the tractor by removing the side panels
- Fuel filter with replaceable element
- Full-pressure lubrication system provides filtered oil under pressure to all vital engine parts
- Glow plugs provide quick starts in temperatures down to -18°C (0°F) (Optional engine coolant heater attachment will assist starting under more extreme conditions.)
- Auto-bleed fuel system means there is no special bleeding required if the tractor runs out of fuel; this system will self-prime the injection pump, lines, and injectors, providing fast fuel recovery
- Key start and shut off eliminates fuel shut-off knob
- Electric solenoid shuts fuel supply off immediately when key is turned off
- See-through coolant recovery tank permits operator to check coolant level without removing radiator cap
- Dry-type air cleaner with safety element keeps dirt and other contaminants out of the engine
- Safety element (second filter) will protect engine if primary filter would develop a leak
- Protects engine when servicing primary filter
- Air filter restriction indicator is standard equipment on the 2025R Tractor
- Sealed-radiator compartment keeps trash and debris on outside of hood
- Horizontal exhaust discharges fumes away from the operator station, reducing noise and improving operator visibility and comfort
Yanmar is a trademark of Yanmar Company Limited.
Easy-to-use hydrostatic transmission (HST) increases efficiency
The 2R Series are equipped with a two-range hydrostatic transmission (HST) incorporated in a die-cast aluminum transmission case. Fluid under pressure transmits engine power to the drive wheels via a closed-loop pump and motor arrangement. Infinite ground speeds allow the operator to match the speed of the tractor to the job.
- No clutching for fast and easy direction changes
- Twin Touch™ foot pedals for quick and easy forward/reverse operation
- Transmission oil cooler cools transmission oil for longer transmission life
Safety features of the HST include:
- The tractor will only start with the range lever in neutral
- If the range lever is in gear when the key is turned to the start position, the instrument panel instructs the operator to shift to neutral
- The engine will shut off if the operator leaves the seat and the forward/reverse pedals are depressed
Transmission has two speeds - hi and lo range.
- The range lever is located next to the seat, conveniently within reach of the operator
- All tasks can be performed using two ranges on the 2025R which means less shifting throughout the day
Durability features include:
- Large forged one-piece trunnion shaft with larger support bearings that reduce vibration and noise
- Innovative transaxle combines an HST, gear reduction axle, and clutch
- Pressure side filtration allows the use of a fine-mesh filter
- One pump to supply charge pressure and implement A flow divider splits the flow to various circuits throughout the tractor.
- The transaxle has an oil cooler which provides improved hydraulic cooling performance
Fast and easy implement changeover offers versatility
- Front Quik-Tatch™ hitch makes changing front implements quick and easy
- All front implements (blades, brooms, and snow blowers) use a common hitch
- AutoConnect™ Mid-Mount Mower Deck, 120R Loader, and 260B Backhoe can be taken on or off within 5 minutes, and no tools are required
- Changing rear implements is a snap with the iMatch™ Quick-Hitch, which has three fixed points to back in and pick up a rear implement that is iMatch compatible
Implement compounding improves efficiency
- Loader, mid-mower, and a variety of rear hitch implements can be attached to the tractor at the same time
- Optional premium independent mid lift system operates independent of the rear 3-point hitch. This gives the operator the flexibility to leave the mid mower attached when completing other tasks.