4WD and Track Tractors
The new 9 Series Tractors alleviate timing challenges, offering more power, more ballasting options, and more precision than ever before. No matter your terrain, no matter your conditions, these tractors give you the strength and power you need to pull heavier, wider implements with ease. And with integrated precision ag technology, you can manage your biggest fields in the tightest timeframes to achieve the bottom-line results you’re after.
PowerTech™ 13.6L (827-cu in.) engine: real world usability, not just power on paper
The muscle to handle heavy draft disks and rippers, power-hungry air seeders and planters, and large transport loads like grain carts and slurry wagons. The durable design and heavy-duty components you can depend on when you need to get in and get out. All in a Final Tier 4 (FT4) and Stage V compliant package. You get real-world power with the purpose-built 13.6L (827-cu in.) engines from John Deere Power Systems, standard in the 291 to 440 engine kW (390 to 590 engine hp) 9 Series Tractors.
We developed our newest power plant from a clean sheet of paper, starting with stronger castings, beefier bearings, and more robust internal components, all designed to meet the high demands of field operations. We replaced the fuel injectors with a high-pressure common rail (HPCR) fuel system and eliminated the diesel particulate filter (DPF) to boost to fuel efficiency and lower operation and maintenance costs. Integrated coolant and oil passages, along with a new belt-driven water pump, eliminate potential leak points and allow for a less-crowded engine compartment, improving serviceability and reducing debris accumulation.
In redesigning the engine, we also gave it:
- Hydraulic valve lash adjusters to maintain valve-lash settings during engine operation, reduce valve train noise and wear, and allow for greater fuel efficiency.
- A hydraulic fan drive for improved cooling capacity with no required maintenance.
- A new integrated wiring harness design featuring a modular layout for reduced vibration, greater reliability, and easier service and diagnostics.
- A rear gear train that integrates fully into the cast-iron block, reducing tiresome engine noise and improving the durability of the crankshaft damper.
- Combination sensors where possible, meaning fewer sensors, connectors, and wires.
- A powerful engine brake that allows operators to use the engine to control tractor and implement speeds while transporting or traveling downhill, reducing wear on the drivetrain brake components.
It all adds up to:
- 14 percent more power and 11 percent more torque
- 3 percent lower fuel consumption
- 10 percent lighter
- 27 percent reduction in mean repair time and an estimated $8,308 savings in service costs over the life of the engine
9 Series Visibility packages let you run with confidence, dawn until dusk
Visibility is more than just lighting. It’s mirrors where you need them, shades for the blinding late-fall and early-spring sun, wipers to help keep all the glass clear, and integrated camera capability. The new 9 Series Tractors let you choose the visibility package that best suits your needs – Select, Premium, or Ultimate with 360-degree light-emitting diode (LED) lighting –so you and your operators can run with all-conditions confidence.
A range of hydraulic options give you the power and flexibility to take on your toughest applications
Of course, the 9 Series has the hydraulic muscle you need to push, pull, lift, and power your most demanding implements. But thanks to a range of enhancements to the hydraulic system, these tractors can provide that power at lower engine speeds, saving you fuel while still giving your implements the capacity they need. Regardless of model or configuration, the new 9 Series hydraulic system gives you:
- An increase of almost 40 percent in charge pump capacity, from 54-cc to 75-cc, to help maintain a higher flow at lower engine speeds
- A new swash plate angle sensor to monitor hydraulic flow and pressure and adjust engine speed to meet demand
- An integrated hydraulic pump, filter, and priority valve for fewer and shorter lines, reduced pressure loss, fewer flow restrictions, and an extra level of reliability
And if you depend on implements that need continuous hydraulic power, the 9 Series Tractors are available with Intelligent Power Management (IPM). Using dual pumps and advanced sensor and control technology, IPM provides additional engine and hydraulic power for high-demand applications like air seeding up and over hills or through thick, tough soil.
Add in single and dual pump options and a flexible number rear SCVs, and you can configure a powerful, fuel-efficient hydraulic system to meet the demands of your specific operation without paying for capacity you don’t need.
John Deere integrated solutions: a world of connected technology, right from the factory
John Deere makes it easy for you to access an entire suite of connected applications, all designed to help you make the most of every seed, every hour, every gallon, and every bit of machine-related information.
Each 9 Series Tractor comes standard with the John Deere StarFire™ 6000 Integrated Receiver and Generation 4 CommandCenter™ display; there’s no need for setup, installation, or initial global positioning system (GPS) calibration.
Integrated AutoTrac™ assisted steering gives you accurate, scalable guidance for low-stress operation in nearly any conditions and can improve field efficiency by 10 percent or more. The 9 Series Tractors also feature standard JDLink™ telematics and users can turn on connectivity in the John Deere Operations Center for anytime, anywhere access to critical machine and field information. And every tractor comes from the factory with John Deere Connected Support™, so you and your dealer can anticipate and address critical system needs.
From here? The sky’s the limit. Choose any of our operation-specific applications to help maximize efficiency and productivity during planting, tillage, or other field activities.
Specs & Compare
Accessories and Attachments
ISO Cab Implement CAN bus Adapter - 9400RWRE322780
Mounting Bracket, Universal StarFire™ - 9400RWRE588540
The model year 2020 and newer large tractors (with updated cab) have a low-profile, offset StarFire receiver integrated into the roof shell. However, there is a mounting bracket solution to add a StarFire 3000 (with deluxe shroud) or StarFire 6000 Receiver. This bracket connects to the center of the front roof near the wiper motor for an exceptional fit with a clean look. The 12-pin wiring harness on both the StarFire 3000 and StarFire 6000 are compatible with the base cab electrical connector.