More cutting width equals better productivity.
Cutting width of 1.8 m (6 ft) for good productivity
With its 1.8-m (6-ft) cutting width, the 972 Flail Chopper handles a variety of jobs:
- Makes excellent grass silage
- Shreds and spreads corn and cotton stalks
- Chops light brush
- Makes silage of beet tops
- Clips pastures
Lower initial costs and simple, rugged construction make the 972 easy to buy and maintain.
Double-edged rotor knives can be reversed to increase life
The rotor design has two rows of knives that allow a uniform cut of the forage:
- The rotor speed is 1366 rpm
- The cutting width is 1.8 m (6 ft)
The cutting height can be adjusted to obtain a minimum of 6.4 cm (2.5 in.) or a maximum of 18.4 cm (7.25 in.) with a lever or an optional hydraulic cylinder.
The mounting system of the knives allows them to swing back when they hit stones or other obstacles and to automatically return to their normal position without interrupting the chopping operation.
The rotor has 42 heat-treated knives. They are double edged so they can be reversed, increasing their longevity.
Discharge spout can be adjusted from the tractor seat
The discharge spout mechanism allows the operator to easily adjust the direction in which the forage is thrown and, at the same time, adjust the speed at which the material is being ejected.
- The material deflector has independent movement from the rotation lever and is adjustable for different positions.
- The spout mechanism is heat-treated, which ensures a longer life of its components. The spout rotation is done through a lever, within reach of the operator from the tractor.
- A steel wear sleeve (attachment) extends the life of the spout.
- The vertical and horizontal extensions (attachments) evenly fill the larger or taller wagons.
Auger and cutterhead provides better delivery of material
The speed of the auger is 300 rpm, which provides better delivery of material into the cutterhead.
The design of the door allows easy access to the auger. There are three reinforced hinges to prevent breakage.
For increased convenience, a cover over the chain on the right-hand side can be removed when service is necessary.
Three rotary knives are included in the cutterhead as base equipment, and a set of three additional rotary knives can be ordered.
- Knives are adjustable to provide longer life.
- Three fan blades and three fan plates located between the knife supports are installed to increase the efficiency of forage ejection.
The lower side of the cutterhead has 56 percent thicker steel than the 16A cutterhead for longer life.
Its improved design allows easy installation and removal.