How can you make sure you don’t leave crop in the field? Choose one of our rigid or hinged frame drapers. Covering a variety of widths, ranging from 30-ft (9.1 m) to 50-ft (15.2 m) models. We’ve added an all-new line of hinged drapers to reduce total header loss, while consistently maintaining desired cut height to put more grain in your tank.
Two available sizes for a 700D factory-installed center feed drum improves feeding of crop into the combine feeder house
The center feed drum is designed for efficient and consistent feeding of the crop into the combine feeder house. Beginning with model year 2020 700D Draper Platforms, customers will have the ability to choose between a 356-mm (14-in.) or 406-mm (16-in.) center feed drum to be factory installed.
- 356-mm (14-in.) or 406-mm (16-in.) diameter factory-installed feed drum significantly improves feeding of the crop
- Strategic location improves crop handling and capacity, increasing productivity in high-volume crops such as irrigated wheat, barley, or canola
- Combine performance is improved due to retractable fingers that enable smoother feeding
- Capacity increase in tough conditions by 20 percent due to an upgraded center feed section slip clutch
The feed drum protrudes forward from the draper back sheets, improving the crop handoff from the draper side belts. An increase in slip clutch torque of the center feed drum from 1200 Nm to 1650 Nm allows for increased capacity in tough crop conditions
In some crop conditions, crop can hesitate at the corners of the feed drum but the retractable drum fingers keep the crop moving into the combine.
Reel resume and reverse are features on the 700D Drapers
Reel resume and reverse are features on the 700D Drapers. The combine operator can store two different reel positions with one setting for normal conditions and another for down, tangled, short, or leaning crops.
- Added time savings and convenience with saved reel positions, lowering operator fatigue
- Increased harvest efficiency through a reel-reverse feature which reverses the reel in conjunction with the center feed drum and belt to back outplugs
Dual-knife drive system is timed
The unique dual-knife drive system is timed, creating the smoothest-possible reciprocating knife-drive system currently in the industry. The positive, reliable shaft-driven dual epicyclical in-line knife drives with built-in driveline protection, provide operators with the strongest knife-drive system.
Double-cut knife system produces a cleaner cut
All John Deere 700D Drapers include a double-cut knife which features a hydraulic tilt that is controlled from inside the cab. All 10.6-m (35-ft) and 12.1-m (40-ft) draper cutterbars have knifeback reinforcement straps to strengthen the knifeback.
- Maximized productivity through longer stroke of knife section provides a faster, cleaner, and smoother cut, which allows operators to harvest at faster ground speeds
- Productivity is maximized in tough conditions through a reinforced knifeback that strengthens the cutterbar
- Reduced cost of operation and increased wear life with hardened sickle sections and unique boron treatment
- Hydraulic tilt optimizes the cutterbar angle for varying conditions, extending the harvest day and providing the lowest-possible cut height
The 100-mm (4-in.) cutting action produces a cleaner cut versus the tearing effect of shorter-stroke cutting systems. Knife hold-downs are easily adjusted to help maintain harvesting performance.
The cutterbar hydraulic tilt adjusts a full 8 degrees while maintaining excellent visibility to the cutterbar throughout the tilt range. For improved ease of use, the hydro handle can be configured to control the platform tilt.