Location: Central Butte
Type of Employment: Full-time
Western Sales is hiring a FieldSmart Agronomist. This individual will report to the FieldSmart Manager
The FieldSmart Agronomist, under the direction of the FieldSmart Manager, will primarily be responsible to promote FieldSmart services, provide technical support and help in the development and training for FieldSmart customers covering a broad spectrum of applications, including seeding, spraying, tillage, harvesting and irrigation and drainage management systems.
- Provide agronomic consulting, variable rate, field scouting and weather stations/soil moisture probe services to clients
- Working with customers, you will develop relationships by providing a FieldSmart service package and ensure your customers extract the benefit of the technology in their equipment
- Invoicing and collecting for the same.
- Responsible for keeping abreast of all technological and agricultural enhancements.
- Assist in demonstrations, customer clinics and staff training.
- Represent Western Sales when required at meetings.
- Protect the health and safety of others by adopting safe work practices and reporting unsafe conditions immediately.
- Make regular farm visits both in season and off season.
- Regular reviews with customers on progress.
- Be with equipment at or near start-up to ensure systems are operating properly.
- Offer extended hour service during mapping, sampling, seeding, spraying and harvest.???????
- PAg designation or the ability to obtain designation
- Experience in crop and fertility management is a strong asset
- Farming background and operational experience with equipment.
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
Valid driver's licence with a clean driving abstract.
Please apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org