Type of Employment: Full Time
Western Sales is hiring a Parts Manager, in our Rosetown location.
The Parts Manager, under the direction of the Aftermarket Manager, will manage parts operations within the dealership to maximize return on investment through; optimizing Parts department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction, growing profitable parts sales, and exercising disciplined expense control and inventory control. They will be responsible to develop and manage an effective and efficient parts staff.
- Develop and maintains effective Parts department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain communication between all departments and all locations to ensure the best customer service.
- Ensure tasks associated with departmental goals set by Aftermarket Manager are executed upon by parts department staff.
- Assist in development of the annual budget.
- Develop a process to increase e-commerce parts sales.
- Ensure the parts showroom areas are stocked & displayed correctly throughout the seasons.
- Maintain cleanliness of the parts warehouse and showroom areas.
- Maintain an effective, accurate and up to date inventory control system.
- Ensure all parts-related documentation and paperwork is properly completed and executed.
- Keep parts staff continuously informed of changes to manufacturer products, terms, discounts, etc.
- Conducts a perpetual/annual physical inventory of all parts and related inventory.
- Control costs by utilizing all weekly, monthly and/or seasonal manufacturer’s stock order and return programs. Obtain competitive bids from suppliers. Develop a pricing strategy to ensure up-to-date pricing of all parts.
- Ensure all parts warranty and return claims are submitted within the required time frame to receive maximum credit.
- Approve parts staff timecards and onboarding new team members.
- Create schedules for parts staff for extended hours during Spring and Fall.
- Code invoices and give to accounting department in appropriate timeframe.
- Run stock return monthly – before 20th of month and release to John Deere.
- Check for fill orders and flop accordingly – Deere and outside supplier.
- Collaborates with the inventory analyst to ensure accurate annual inventory accounting. • Collaborates with the inventory analyst to maximize use of all order discount programs to achieve management stock order goals.
- Drives sales growth through point-of-sale campaigns and up-selling.
- Manage the Aftermarket On Site Support Specialist by providing direction on customers to visit and offerings to promote.
- Works with sales and service for their input on stocking levels and knowledge of their needs.
- Conducts or supports customer clinics, field days, or other related promotional events.
- Ensures all departmental tools, equipment and vehicles are in good working order.
- Conducts weekly staff meetings with parts people about tasks to complete.
- Collaborates with Aftermarket Manager in recruiting, staffing and employee development activities for employees reporting to this position.
- Makes “On Farm” visits to promote Western Sales and the aftermarket business of the corporation
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Five years of experience in a management role.
- Ability to use the John Deere Parts Catalog computer application
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret goals, objectives, and policies.
- Ability to delegate, set expectations, and monitor progress of all direct reports.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to supervise and motivate a team to achieve and exceed their goals.
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
- Ability to adapt to new technology.
- Ability to remain calm and poised in urgent situations.
If you have experience in parts department operations, customer skills, this may be the career for you.
Competitive benefits package. Compensation will depend on parts experience.
We would like to thank all who apply; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward resumes by email to : firstname.lastname@example.org