Year-round application, faster field performance, reduced input costs, stronger yields - Ag Management Solutions deliver all of these and more. Employ any of the groundbreaking Ag Management Solutions from our full product lineup, and watch your bottom line grow.
StarFire Receiver 20-2 Mandatory Update
This software update is a "Mandatory Update” for both StarFire 6000 and StarFire 3000 receivers and includes software fixes plus a few new features. Changes coming with the 20-2 software update also prepare the StarFire network to support new satellite constellations and the next generation StarFire receiver.
Additional Reminder on StarFire iTC Receivers
StarFire iTC receivers will no longer function beginning February 1st, 2021, and will no longer receive the StarFire signal. StarFire iTC receivers will continue to operate in WAAS until approximately 2026 or when the US GPS satellite constellation P(Y) code is retired and may continue to be used for yield mapping. Guidance applications including AutoTrac™ will not be available.
Critical Update Timeline
- February 1, 2021 - Deadline to complete 20-2 software update, receivers not updated to 20-2 by this time will not receive the StarFire signal and as such will only operate in WASS until updated to 20-2.
StarFire 6000 New Features
StarFire software update 20-2 for StarFire 6000 receivers will also include the following new features:
- Continuous Data Logging
- New RTK Extend (RTK-X) and John Deere Mobile RTK (M-RTK) status added
- Shared Signal and Machine Sync Compatibility
*Updating & Assistance*
Mandatory Update before January 1st, 2021
3000 update version 2.80S
?6000? update version 4.40N
1. Receive the update remotely when your machine is equipped with an active MTG (6000 or 3000)
2. 6000 can be updated at the WS store by inserting the ‘Update Memory Stick’ $100 Part # RECUPD
3. 3000 can be updated at the WS store by using a GS2 or GS3 and harness
4.Customers can update their own receivers by purchasing a preloaded stick for $50 Part # THUMBDRIVE
5. PERFORM THE UPDATE YOURSELF - FREE
To get started, you will need to download the appropriate option from the John Deere Software Update list. This download will take around 1-hour to complete and needs a strong, uninterrupted internet connection to work correctly. Next, you will need to put the downloaded file onto a USB stick or thumb drive. Please note, you will need to ensure the USB or thumb drive has a minimum of 16 GB to fit the entire file, and the file needs to be formatted to FAT32 in order to work. Once the file is on the USB, you will insert it into your StarFireTM hardware. The file transfer may take up to one hour.
Video on these options:
- 3000 receiver - 30 minutes with stick in Gen4 or GS3
- 3000 receiver - 30 minutes over the Air with Gen4
- 6000 receiver - 40 minutes with stick in Gen4 or GS3
- 6000 receiver - 40 minutes over the Air with Gen4
Call your Western Sales Dealership if you have any questions.
*Effective February 1, 2021: All StarFire 6000 and StarFire 3000 receivers must have been updated to software version 20-2 to function and all StarFire iTC receivers stop receiving StarFire signal