Year-round application, faster field performance, reduced input costs, stronger yields - Ag Management Solutions deliver all of these and more. Employ any of the groundbreaking Ag Management Solutions from our full product lineup, and watch your bottom line grow.
StarFire Receiver 20-2 Mandatory Update
In early August 2020, the StarFire™ 20-2 software update became available. This software update is a "Mandatory Update” for both StarFire 6000 and StarFire 3000 receivers and includes software fixes plus a few new features. Changes coming with the 20-2 software update also prepare the StarFire network to support new satellite constellations and the next generation StarFire receiver.
Additional Reminder on StarFire iTC Receivers
StarFire iTC receivers will no longer function beginning February 1st, 2021, and will no longer receive the StarFire signal. StarFire iTC receivers will continue to operate in WAAS until approximately 2026 or when the US GPS satellite constellation P(Y) code is retired and may continue to be used for yield mapping. Guidance applications including AutoTrac™ will not be available.
Critical Update Timeline
- November 2020 – 20-2 Software Updates should be completed on StarFire 3000 and 6000 units
- December 2020 - RTK Base stations will be updated to the 20-2 Software
- February 1, 2021 - Deadline to complete 20-2 software update, receivers not updated to 20-2 by this time will not receive the StarFire signal and as such will only operate in WASS until updated to 20-2.
StarFire 6000 New Features
StarFire software update 20-2 for StarFire 6000 receivers will also include the following new features:
- Continuous Data Logging
- New RTK Extend (RTK-X) and John Deere Mobile RTK (M-RTK) status added
- Shared Signal and Machine Sync Compatibility
Updating & Assistance
Contact your local Western Sales team with questions, concerns, or assistance in updating your receivers directly.
*Effective February 1, 2021: All StarFire 6000 and StarFire 3000 receivers must have been updated to software version 20-2 to function and all StarFire iTC receivers stop receiving StarFire signal