Location: Central Butte
Type of Employment: Full time
Western Sales is hiring a Service Manager. This individual will report to the VP of Operations.
The Service Manager, under the direction of the VP of Operations, will primarily be responsible for providing an efficient and reliable service/repair delivery system to meet the needs of the customer and sales department. This position will build and maintain a service team that will deliver superior quality service to meet the expectations of the customer. This individual will ensure that all employees comply with company policies, procedures, and ethical standards. This position will analyze departmental operations and identify areas requiring improvement. This role will also ensure that employees adhere to all health and safety regulations.
- Adaptability - Adapts and responds to changing conditions, priorities, technologies, and requirements.
- Commitment to Health and Safety - Works in compliance with all applicable health and safety legislation and established policies and procedures.
- Communication - Expresses and transmits information with consistency and clarity.
- Innovative - Able to think outside of the box in order to develop creative and new solutions or products that meet current and future needs.
- Problem Solving - Able to break down a situation into smaller pieces to identify key issues and figure out cause in order to solve. Use logic and analytical methods to come to realistic solution.
- Professionalism - Demonstrates professional standards of conduct when governing interactions between individuals in a business environment.
- Results Orientation - Able to focus on desired outcomes, and the means by which they are achieved by meeting and or exceeding standards based on past performance, goals, and objectives, as well as the performance and/or achievements of others.
- Teamwork - Works cooperatively and effectively with others to reach a common goal. Participates actively in group activities fostering a team environment.
- Accountability - Takes ownership of personal workload, as well as the workload of employees under his/her direction.
- Coaching - Engages in regular, structured discussions with employees in order to encourage and improve individual employee performance, and attain organizational objectives.
- Conflict Management - Foresees potential conflict and takes preventative steps. Handles conflict when it arises; assisting with resolution or determining solutions.
- Decision Making - Makes concrete, well-informed and thought-out decisions that support the overall organization. Have the ability to make quick, effective decisions even when data and details are limited.
- Leadership - Works well with a wide range of individuals to provide support, coaching, encouragement, and direction.
- Managing Performance - Identifies employee's strengths and weaknesses and provides long-term direction and support regarding areas of growth.
- Complete/close work orders for jobs that are complete for customers, internal and warranty. These work orders should be closed within 2 days of the technician completing the work order.
- Submit all service warranty and Product Improvement Program (PIP) claims within the required time frame to receive maximum credit.
- Work in Progress(WIP): Ensure that work in progress is current and that internal work orders are closed/matched with sales department invoicing for machines.
- Customer Work Orders: Clear, detailed instructions on work orders are essential.
- Internal Work Orders: New equipment – detail exactly what is sold. Note delivery instructions and promise date. Used equipment – detail what is sold. If repairs are to be done, prepare estimates. Coordinate internal shop work with salesman and shop foreman.
- Ensure that employees adhere to all health and safety regulations.
- Work with technicians to gain the best possible labour efficiencies. Monthly/quarterly meetings to discuss technician efficiencies and how to improve them.
- Coordinate activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and delegating work accordingly.
- Parts and labour estimating using standard job pricing for customer and internal.
- Code invoices and submit paperwork involving the branch service department to the Accounting department.
- Ensure all employee timecards are completed, checked and approved.
- Evaluate employee performance and provide feedback, coaching, and formal evaluations.
- Ensure employees operate tools and equipment safely, following all safe operating procedures in place.
- Ensure that all staff under your direction are equipped with and are using the proper personal protective equipment.
- Administer disciplinary action in accordance with established procedures
- Handle customer complaints and comments. Deal effectively with customers questions on work orders.
- Handle employee complaints and incidents, including conflict resolution, accidents, health and safety concerns, work refusals, and investigations.
- Provide leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training, and development
- Degree or diploma in agriculture, or a related field.
- 3 + years experience in Service department operations.
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions.
- Familiar with John Deere and competitive products.
- Basic understanding of financial principles relative to Service Department operations.
- Ability to delegate, set expectations, and monitor progress of all direct reports.
- Ability to supervise and motivate a team to achieve and exceed their goals.
- Ability to identify issues and implement creative and strategic solutions to overcome problems.
- Ability to manage projects from start to finish.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on mentoring and motivation of employees.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Frequent overtime.
- Interaction with employees, management, and the public at large.
- Working in a busy office environment with frequent interruptions.
- Operation of desktop computer and peripherals.
- Exposure to hazards associated with the industry.
Please apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org